QLA not releasing licenses after crash

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
Jimbly

Post by Jimbly » 05 Nov 2008, 00:27

Hiwe are running QLA 4.5 on an xserve 10.4.9. We have 17 user licenses of Q7As we get intermittent crashes on user machines, the server doesn't identify that the quark has crashed so doesn't release the license, so when the user restarts quark, it starts using any free licenses available (as sometimes not all 17 are being used) When the users not using quark start up, they cannot start as all the licenses are being used. This is usually fixed by me restarting QLA and them using the emergency key. I'm having to do this every day and its getting quite tiresome.any way of getting QLA to release the license quicker?David

Navpreet
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Navpreet » 05 Nov 2008, 10:59

Hi
In order to get the license back please download the QLA client software from the URL below:
Client: https://qlaweb.quark.com/registrationMe ... taller.dmg
Once the client is installed, open the client software and under the Configuration Option Tab decrease theHeart BeatInterval to 20 seconds and number ofretries to 3 and then save.
Now the server should not retain the licenses and should release them quickly.
I hope this helps!

Return to “Quark License Administrator”