QLA options grayed out

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
mwillbanks

QLA options grayed out

Post by mwillbanks » 29 Jun 2004, 06:53

Okay, so I installed the backup data file and have been able to run QLA and installed QLA client so I can control licenses. Even created a couple of pools so I can checkout the laptop. Problem now is, when I open QLA client to make additional changes, the pools I created have mysteriously disappeared, and I can't add new ones because all my buttons are grayed out.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Streak

QLA options grayed out

Post by Streak » 29 Jun 2004, 17:36

Any information relating to the QLA Client goes into 2 files - save.dat & hwmusage.dat (both are in the QLA Server folder).

Try quitting out of the QLA Server, remove these files from this location (do create a backup), restart the QLA server and then check the QLA Client.

You will have to reset the options but this will help.

Beware : you will loose the currently checked out licenses.................so check them all back in before you do this.

mwillbanks

QLA options grayed out

Post by mwillbanks » 30 Jun 2004, 06:51

Thanks for the info. I found the files you mentioned and moved them from the QLA server folder, but I'm not sure exactly how to quit out of the QLA server. Is this the "Stop Primary Server" selection on the File menu in the QLA control panel?

I tried selecting that option and then selected "Start Primary Server", but this hasn't helped so I'm wondering if I'm in the right place...

Streak

QLA options grayed out

Post by Streak » 30 Jun 2004, 16:32

I would need to know the operating system on which the QLA server is installed and the version of QLA too?

mwillbanks

QLA options grayed out

Post by mwillbanks » 01 Jul 2004, 06:42

We are using QLA 3.0 on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition server.

Streak

QLA options grayed out

Post by Streak » 01 Jul 2004, 11:28

Hey man. I don't think QLA 3 is tested on Windows 2003.

Nevertheless, if you say the copies of QuarkXPress are finding the server and launching fine, it has to be running somewhere.

Check the services.......if you find it there.............stop the service and then try moving those files.

Return to “Quark License Administrator”