Image Info

Discuss QuarkXTensions® and third-party XTensions® software
jz

Image Info

Post by jz » 19 Jan 2012, 09:18

There used to be an extension from ALAP (bought by Quark) where you could see the info for an image by clicking on it. Path, RGB vs. CMYK etc. Does tsomething like this exist in Quark 9? Thanks.

Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Image Info

Post by Sarbjit Singh » 19 Jan 2012, 18:10

No, that XT has not been ported to QuarkXPress 9.

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Image Info

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 19 Jan 2012, 22:04

jz wrote:There used to be an extension from ALAP (bought by Quark) where you could see the info for an image by clicking on it. Path, RGB vs. CMYK etc.
As for the path, double clicking the image with the Image tool pops up a window showing a drop down menu with the path and the ability to update the picture or modify it. If youre interested in having a AppleScript please post in the appropriate forum. I have one ready.

Dan Logan

Image Info

Post by Dan Logan » 25 Jan 2012, 04:11

While we don't have the exact Image Info XT that was available for v7, we do have most of the functionality in QuarkXPress itself now. For example we now show effective resolution on the Measurements palette, or as Jean-Marie pointed out you can now easily find the path of an image file by double-clicking with the Picture Content tool to open the Edit Original dialog. As for color model, that is listed in the More Info section of the usage dialog -- the easiest way to access this is to select the box, then press Opt+F13 (assuming you're not on a laptop and have an F13 key).

If those aren't enough, and you still wish you had Image Info XT, then I'd be curious what your priorities are in regard to the info you need. Is color model your highest priority? Or something else? I doubt we'll ever update Image Info XT, but I can definitely consider adding more picture info to something like the Measurements palette.

Dan Logan
Product Manager, QuarkXPress

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Image Info

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 25 Jan 2012, 04:26

Oh! Just thought of that: invoking the Profile Info palette shows everything related to color and picture type and file type. Adding the palette to a set might be very helpful to the user, hence the OP. HTH.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: XTensions modules”