space/align

Discuss QuarkXTensions® and third-party XTensions® software
jz

space/align

Post by jz » 21 Jan 2012, 09:53

Now using Quark 9 (upgraded from version 6), and I see space/align is alot different. The ALAP extensions used to have a separate palette like scale does now, and you could grab several objects and align them to the page without having to group them.

It seems that Quark 9 is two steps back - the alignment toolbar is now embedded at the bottom, and behaves differently. Does anyone else know of a workaround, or am I missing something? The new version is costing me tons of time. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

space/align

Post by Sarbjit Singh » 22 Jan 2012, 17:42

You can still align w.r.t. Page using the align tools in the measurement palette.
There are two modes "Item Relative" and "Page Relative". Choose the page mode and then choose Left, Right etc to align objects w.r.t. page.
What other difference did you find?

Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark)

space/align

Post by Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark) » 22 Jan 2012, 18:10

Hi,
You can select several objects using Shift+ mouse click (no need to group objects) then go to Space Align tab in Measurement Palette (at the bottom). Now Select Option for Item Relative or Page relative mode (just above offset control) > Now you can choose required space align option.
Thanks,
JB

jz

space/align

Post by jz » 23 Jan 2012, 04:14

If I have several object lined up the way I want in relation to each other, and then I want to center them on the page, it seems that I have to group. Otherwise It centers each item on the page and messes up my layout of the items.Seems that my only solution is to group the items and align them as a unit to the page then ungroup.I know it's tough to teach an old dog new tricks, but I liked the separate palette where you didn't have to switch between page and relative alignments, and the options were just all there and easily available. That's two extra steps, unless I'm missing something - 1.) selecting between page and relative and 2.) having to group/ungroup several items to align them to the page.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark)

space/align

Post by Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark) » 23 Jan 2012, 17:28

Hi,
You may please align a single item relative to page and then select all other items and align them relative to first item (not page). I appreciate your patience.
Thanks,
JB

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: XTensions modules”