"Non - BreakingCharactersSets" window when I want to print

Discuss QuarkXTensions® and third-party XTensions® software
anacrus

"Non - BreakingCharactersSets" window when I want

Post by anacrus » 20 Jan 2011, 04:11

Hi[/h3]I formated a book with the latest updated version of QuarXpress. This is the Spanish version of an American book. I have the original Quark file. Since I've copied some elements of that original file has started to get out some weird stuff ...every time you want to print does not open the print dialog box , but opens a window of " Non - BreakingCharactersSets" with a list of Asian Options ...

How I can remove this to keep you out every time I put into print?

Thanks

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 20 Jan 2011, 04:20

Hi! I would simply remove (or turn off) extensions dedicated to Asian text, especially EAText.xnt and try again. HTH.

anacrus

Post by anacrus » 20 Jan 2011, 20:38

Thanks, Jean-Marie. Yes I did it, and works,[:)] bur now when I open the following message appears:

This document may not display or print properly because there is no software QuarXtensiones "EAText" [162]

[*-)]
Dou you Know how can I fix it?
Thanks

Ana

anacrus

Post by anacrus » 20 Jan 2011, 20:48

I've gotten the message out. I disabled the extension in the Extensions Manager (before I had just moved to the disabled extensions folder). But now in the Extensions Manager comes as bad charged the extension of "Special Line break" ...
I dont Know if Ill have problems with this.....

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 20 Jan 2011, 21:15

Hi Ana! It appears that both extensions EAText and Special Line Break are working together. Just saw this now. So you'd have to remove both or load both but not separate them. In your case, I'd suggest you to deactivate them. After relaunching Quark, check wether there is no foreign language in your doc to be changed into Spanish (Utilities > Convert Project language). Never used it actually but maybe you'll see some text remains to be in a wrong format or so. HTH.

anacrus

Post by anacrus » 21 Jan 2011, 00:04

Thanks, Jean-Marie. You are rigth, the Special Line Break works about hanging characters and those asian languages need it... I did that: desactivate both. I need work with some languages at the same time: English and Spanish more often... because the bibliography, so I cant change all the language.

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 21 Jan 2011, 01:18

anacrus wrote:I need work with some languages at the same time: English and Spanish more often... because the bibliography, so I cant change all the language.
Oh sure! you know better about that! It was just a Friday thought ;-)

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: XTensions modules”