Edit Original for Windows

Discuss QuarkXTensions® and third-party XTensions® software
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 23 Oct 2008, 04:01

Hey guys. Been away awhile.What's the company/name of the extension so I can double click an image in Q (7.31) to edit in PS? (Windows XP--eech.)Got some money to spend from the budget and this is driving me NUTS.

eyoungren

Post by eyoungren » 23 Oct 2008, 04:25

Ira. It's Badia OpenNow. I'm not sure if they have it for Windows, but you can check. Also, as of version 7.x you have to buy it. It's not free except for version 6.x.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 23 Oct 2008, 04:36

How you doing, Erik!It's Mac only, but I was sure there was a PC version out there. Quark's site here isn't well organized with listing this stuff.And this no-line-break thing is driving me nuts! I'm using Safari on the PC, so maybe later I'll try Explorer and see what happens.

eyoungren

Post by eyoungren » 23 Oct 2008, 04:51

Hey Ira. I'm ok. Yeah, sorry, I didn't think they made a Win version, but you gotta try, right?
Sorry, I don't know what else is out there on the PC side.
BTW, if you're up to it, poke around at Google. Microsoft Has IE 8 beta out and Google itself has Chrome for the PC. I hear Chrome is pretty quick (I have it installed on one of our PCs, but haven't really tried it yet). See you later.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 23 Oct 2008, 05:14

You should know better than to install a Microsoft beta.

eyoungren

Post by eyoungren » 23 Oct 2008, 05:23

Ira. I am writing this with a wicked smile on my face! The PC in question that this is installed to isn't really important. So if it buggers it, I don't really care...[H]

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 24 Mar 2010, 02:13

Hi Ira,
even if your post is a bit older, maybe still helpful:
QuarkXPress 8.1.6 - just released - contains an "Edit Original" functionality for Windows.
Thanks
Matthias

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 24 Mar 2010, 03:04

Thanks, Matthias.I have to put in the request for an upgrade, but I work for a state agency (the Florida DOT) and things have been incredibly tight these days money-wise, so I just don't know if I'll get it.It is such a PAIN not to have this Edit Original function.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: XTensions modules”