Page 1 of 3

AutoCorrectXT 3.0 Update Kills my QuarkXPress 8

Posted: 26 Oct 2009, 08:01
by Binky860
Hmmmm....I updated my AutoCorrectXT 3.0 XTension early today and it worked exactly once.When I quit QXP and launched it again later on it failed to launch. Restarting my Mac and relaunching QXP did not help.Anybody else having problems with AthenaSoft XTensions ??Binky

AutoCorrectXT 3.0 Update Kills my QuarkXPress 8

Posted: 26 Oct 2009, 18:52
by eyoungren
Hi Binky. Just a thought here. Does the XTension by any chance write a prefs file somewhere (usually in the XTensions folder itself)? If it does have you tried removing that?

AutoCorrectXT 3.0 Update Kills my QuarkXPress 8

Posted: 27 Oct 2009, 02:58
by Binky860
If the preference document name contains AutoCorrect, AutoSpel, Athena, Auto, Correct, Spel, Spell, or any combination thereof I have rooted it out and deleted it but I cannot find and preference for the program. The crash report generated by the event lists a bunch of AutoCorrectXT.Bundle prefs that I am looking for manually because they do not turn up in the Find window.Binky

AutoCorrectXT 3.0 Update Kills my QuarkXPress 8

Posted: 27 Oct 2009, 03:48
by eyoungren
Binky. Try doing a search for invisible items with the item names. They are probably in the hidden file system folders I'd bet.

AutoCorrectXT 3.0 Update Kills my QuarkXPress 8

Posted: 27 Oct 2009, 11:20
by mtbswiss
\

AutoCorrectXT 3.0 Update Kills my QuarkXPress 8

Posted: 03 Nov 2009, 06:33
by polka
Did you get a crash log. Even if you di not, you can contact AthenaSoft at info@athenasoftsolutions.com. They are really prompt in their reply.You can even try downloading the XTension from the website again since there have been upgrades.One more thing, please make sure that the Dictionaries folder in the XTensions folder of your QuarkXPress installation has all the required dictionaries for AutoCorrectXT to work properly. It should have 10 dictionaries as far as I know.

AutoCorrectXT 3.0 Update Kills my QuarkXPress 8

Posted: 03 Nov 2009, 07:54
by Binky860
Yeah... I did get a crash log and I circled the references to AutoCorrectXT in it and sent it to Athena last week. I never heard back from them. I have downloaded & re-installed AutoCorrectXT 3.0 more than once from the Athena Software website and I do get the screen indicating that the software has been successfully activated but .... then the QXP 8 crashes.I got it to work exactly ONCE before it became toxic. The next time I launched QXP it choked. I have never been able to duplicate that fleeting success. And now the only way I can use Quark is with AutoCorrectXT 3.0 disabled.Binky

AutoCorrectXT 3.0 Update Kills my QuarkXPress 8

Posted: 03 Nov 2009, 17:07
by polka
I think you must try and send them the crash log again at info@athenasoftsolutions.com.Just try this before doing so. In the Dictionaries folder make sure you have the 10 dict files. If you are using the non-Arabic flavor of the AutoCorrectXT 3.0 then make sure you have the CanadaEng.dict file in the dictionaries folder. If you are using the Arabic flavor then you must have Arabic.dict instead of CanadaEng.dict. This is the only difference in the dictionaries folder of both the flavors.Can you paste a little bit of the crash log again here at the forums.

AutoCorrectXT 3.0 Update Kills my QuarkXPress 8

Posted: 04 Nov 2009, 09:02
by Binky
I would LOVE to post a bit of the crash report BUT I cannot copy-paste because that is not a permitted option.I have taken a picture of the crash report where is shows that QuarkXPress was taken down by "XTensions / Error Reporting.xnt /" followed by a bunch of references to AutoCorrectXT...How can I post a picture ??Binky

AutoCorrectXT 3.0 Update Kills my QuarkXPress 8

Posted: 05 Nov 2009, 10:07
by polka
I recently got a promotional email from AthenaSoft. They say ""Our testing team has found a serious issue wherein some XTension resources were missing while we uploaded AutoCorrectXT 3.0 to our servers. We have come up with a new version update of AutoCorrectXT 3.1 which resolves all issues and guarantee a pleasant experience to the workflow with many more features. We have upgraded our website http://www.athenasoftsolutions.com to feature only this version."" and the way they said this would be fixed was ""Just try the following:~ Download our latest AutoCorrectXT 3.1 from the link http://www.athenasoftsolutions.com/GetDemo.php~ Install this XT according to the ReadMe.html file in the package.~ Remove the QuarkXpress Preferences files from the Preferences folder. Or you can only remove the AutoSpell.prf and AutoCorrect.prf files from the folder.~ Launch QuarkXpress 8.x""""" I saw this on their website address athenasoftsolutions.html/New.html This might solve your issues.