My first interactive portfolio website

Showcase your best interactive designs you have created with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Share your link here.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
shaharaperil

Post by shaharaperil » 14 Oct 2011, 05:04

This is my first attempt at a website with extensive flash animation. It features a lot of the things I've learned over the last few months and it's still evolving as I learn more. It's not as elegant as some of the other samples listed here. But I was going for more of a science-fiction feel, than an artistic one. The goal was to present some of the samples in my portfolio in a fun, and hopefully interesting, way.

Zany Geek Portfolio

max.peter

Post by max.peter » 14 Oct 2011, 08:42

Hi,
Quite nice. I like your idea.
Just one thing: the pages seem to download slow (although I have a very high speed internet connection).
My best regards

shaharaperil

Post by shaharaperil » 15 Oct 2011, 18:06

Thank you, max.peter.

I've been working on reducing the file size of the SWF used with the site. It started out over 2.5 MB. I managed to get it down to 1.5 MB by breaking it into several smaller files. I'm currently looking at ways I can make it even smaller to speed it up for various internet connections.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 19 Oct 2011, 21:59

Hi shaharaperil,
geeky. Still, I like it, greatly done!
Thanks
Matthias

shaharaperil

Post by shaharaperil » 21 Oct 2011, 07:34

Thank you, Matthias! Geeky is exactly the look I was going for! Hopefully it will appeal to Star Wars fans everywhere. :)

Return to “Sample Sites”