Another interactive website created in QuarkXPress 8

Showcase your best interactive designs you have created with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Share your link here.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 14 Jul 2010, 22:49

Hi all,
and another interactive website with intro, all created in QuarkXPress 8:
http://www.ts-graphik.at/
Enjoy!
Matthias

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 15 Jul 2010, 03:37

It's gorgeous!!! But ate up my memory like a hog--froze me up while the home page loaded and couldn't even skip the intro.So a good hint to do these things, but make them SMALLER!

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 15 Jul 2010, 03:46

Hi Ira,
yes, especially if your main user base is on Macintosh. As Adobe's Flash Player works much better on Windows, you won't see it so much there.
As "smaller" is often difficult, you can also divide your project into chunks. Regarding smaller though, some tips on how to achieve this can be found here: t/16602.aspx
Thanks
Matthias

lewaw

Post by lewaw » 15 Jul 2010, 04:11

Interesting but I prefer websides html + swf, not all pages in swf.
Text is easy to copy to clipboard, and easy for google robots (positioning)
Html is lightweight, swf heavy, however often look well.

Regards
lewaw

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 15 Jul 2010, 04:48

Hi lewaw,
you are right, until HTML5 is defined and shows that it can compensate and/or until Silverlight hasn't picked up marketshare, for interactivity there seems to be just one valid alternative today, which is SWF (Flash).
However, SWF is indexed by Google and text in SWF can also be made "copy-able".
And I agree with you on the "heavier than HTML", though if you can achieve the same with HTML(5) one day, we still have to see how heavy that gets and whether we get all features needed.
For me personally SWF has two big flaws, one of which is the current integration into the browser: I cannot easily directly jump to a page in an SWF (with a link) and browser navigation also ignores Flash. Though it's far better than PDF for interactive media / web content in that sense.
My second point would be about the proprietary nature of SWF/FLA and the lack of a openness and missing round-trip ability.
Still, in my humble opinion currently (= mid 2010) SWF (Flash) is the best solution for interactive content on Desktop computers.
It is up to HTML5 or XPS (or whatever still to come) or the even next generation SWF to prove to be better and to be accepted by the market. As always, the market (you!) are driving this!
And luckily, as Quark doesn't own a file format, we can support all relevant formats.
Regards
Matthias

gika

Post by gika » 17 Sep 2010, 06:45

Congratulations, it is very nice site

Howard Freeborn

Post by Howard Freeborn » 21 Sep 2010, 06:53

very nice.Have you tried to get it to centre in the browser page. I've seen a few add on code in the forum by using an html editor (I used Komodo Edit, free prog) but I have not managed to get it to work.

RonaldGonzalez

Post by RonaldGonzalez » 15 Dec 2010, 20:32

I haven't seen it yet, but try to look at it the next I visit. by the way I'm newbie and I'm not familiar of some topics here but I have a lil idea about some. I'm hoping I could learn more important things from all of you guys, thanks.

anibal

Post by anibal » 26 Dec 2010, 04:30

Hola sr Gonzalez, me gustaria si tiene el tiempo y el gusto de adentrarme en este forum y ademas en el uso de quarkxpress en general ya que todo el material que e conseguido esta en ingles y dificulta para mi aun mas el aprendizaje,

gracias de antemano

Atte
anibal
desde venezuela

Return to “Sample Sites”