Instructions for sample assets (Audio Players)

Showcase your best interactive designs you have created with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Share your link here.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 16 Mar 2010, 03:57

Hi all,
here are some small instructions on how to use the Audio Players provided:

[olist]
[*]Drag the Audio Player you want to use out of the library.[*]For it to work you need to specify which sounds should be played. For that, select the PlayStop button in Interactive palette and in Events tab of the Interactive palette, specify the sound for each Click Up On and Click Up Off.[/olist]
If you want the Audio Player to be a floating window, you need to

[olist][*]Perform the two steps listed above[*]Select the outer box, name it (e.g. AudioPlayer) in Object tab of Interactive Palette and make it type WIndow, display as Non-modal Window, style As Designed, Position Center on screen.[*]You need a page entry script or an event to open the window. Simply assign the action Window > Open > AudioPlayer to any object (or page).[*]You should think about making the Audio Player moveable and closeable.[*]To make it closeable: Select the Close textbox, name it (in Object tab of Interactive palette) as Close. In Event tab for event Click up assign action Window > Close > AudioPlayer.[*]To make it moveable you need to assign to actions to two events. E.g. select the large white box (or create a new object), name it Dragbar. In Events tab for Click down event assign action Window > Drag > AudioPlayer. For Click Up of the same object assign action Window > Drop > AudioPlayer.[/olist]
If you have questions, please ask here!
Thanks
Matthias

Easybourne

Post by Easybourne » 17 Mar 2010, 05:36

Am I being incredibly dumb?I'm trying to download some of the sample assets and am being asked to enter a Magic password.Is this forum login password? Nothing seems to work.The site also has links to register QuarkXpress?School of Magic Forum (here)Facebook, etcBut no information on which password I'm supposed to use.I've tried all my registered details.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 17 Mar 2010, 06:15

Hi easyborne,
you need the magic password, please see here:
t/23022.aspx#93178
Thanks
Matthias

Easybourne

Post by Easybourne » 18 Mar 2010, 01:30

?That's just a link to a facebook page.I just need to know whether I am supposed use my existing quark login details as they don't seem to work.There are lots of links that all lead back to either the forums or facebook. It's a bit of a mess.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 18 Mar 2010, 01:33

Hi easyborne,
yes and the magic password is listed there. Note, that it is case sensitive.

Thanks
Matthias

Easybourne

Post by Easybourne » 18 Mar 2010, 01:37

OK, I'll have a look.It just looked like a random list of comments (as you'd normally expect on a Facebook page). I'll read through later.Thanks. sorry for being dumb!

salvister

Post by salvister » 04 May 2010, 00:47

You people aregreat ...
Thank you for the help...

Return to “Sample Sites”