Quark 8.x and 9.x Cannot Import SWF Files into Web Page With

Discuss Interactive Design & Flash® (SWF) Export inside QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Exchange ideas, share helpful tips and get started with your first interactive design.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
Moyssi

Post by Moyssi » 28 Jul 2013, 08:11

I most definitely am! I was disappointed by Quarks apparent failure to enhance the HTML export function in 10, but I have no desire to "upgrade" to Mountain Lion just to find out. So thank you for the light, Subatomic; I will give it a spin.

Jimson

Post by Jimson » 13 Aug 2013, 19:16

Okay - I jumped thru another 10 hoops. Still not working for me. This is ridiculous. I can't believe with all these complaints Quark hasn't fixed the problem already. What does it take for the company to address a HUGE PROBLEM like this? The users should not have to install, uninstall and reinstall the Flash Player 20 or 30 times trying every "solution" that comes down the pike from their USERS (where are their technicians?) - NONE of which have worked for me. There is nothing special or unusual about my system or set-up. This option should have worked straight out of the box - or at the very MINIMUM - with ONE or TWO minor adjustments... not 20. And now that Q10 is coming out, Quark has no reason to fix a BUG in 9 - and I can't upgrade to 10 because it will not open Q6 files which are a large part of my backlog work. They're pushing me into Adobe's corner where I never wanted to go. But what choice do I have? The Q web solution simply DOES NOT WORK as we can see from all the people in this thread who import flash files. After 20+ years of using XPress, this is the first time I have to say unequivocally...QUARK HAS FAILED.

Return to “General authoring questions”