Sequence animations does not get updated

Discuss Interactive Design & Flash® (SWF) Export inside QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Exchange ideas, share helpful tips and get started with your first interactive design.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
quarken

Post by quarken » 06 Nov 2010, 11:59

Hi!When I ad an external quark file animation into a block it always remain in the list of animation as it is even if I making a change in the external file. I must always rename the file an ad that one instead. And the old file with the old name still remains in the list. Why is it not hendeled by quark like images or SWF-files and just get "modified" so it it is possible to just update the file in the menu "usings..."

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 08 Nov 2010, 21:30

Hi quarken,
not sure I understand 100%.
In the Multimedia tab of the Usage dialog you can change Image Sequences without having to create a new one. Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks
Matthias

quarken

Post by quarken » 08 Nov 2010, 22:20

Thank you! It solves a bit of the problem (I should have thought of it myself).BUT... When I delete the animation block (or all of them) in Quark project, the names of the deleted animations still remains in the interactive window popup list... when I make a new empty image block... in order to ad another animation.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 14 Nov 2010, 21:46

Hi quarken,
if you want to delete a layout (which image sequences and buttons really are) out of a project, you need to open the layout, go to advanced layout properties and deselect "Share" and save the project.
Next time you open the project you can delete the layout.
Regards
Matthias

quarken

Post by quarken » 14 Nov 2010, 22:42

Ok, but if I do that, the project name STILL remains in the list of possible projects to ad, even if I have deleted it in all possible ways...even the way you just suggested so...It must be a bug.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 15 Nov 2010, 22:18

Hi quarken,
I cannot reproduce this behavior, when I delete a layout it is gone.
Can you send me your exact steps to recreate and/or your project please (via email, by hitting the contact button above this post)?
Thanks
Matthias

Return to “General authoring questions”