Urgent Help Needed Interactive Designer 1.02 Update

Discuss Interactive Design & Flash® (SWF) Export inside QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Exchange ideas, share helpful tips and get started with your first interactive design.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
Bob Kerr

Post by Bob Kerr » 19 Oct 2010, 23:29

I'm away from my office in UK, out in Greece for a couple of weeks.A client needs and urgent change to an SWF that I have created for him some time ago for a web presentation.I'm using Xpress 7.31 and the built-in Interactive Designer functions. In the office I'm running Tiger on the G5 but on the MacBook Pro I have with me I'm running Leopard.So I did the change to the Interactive layout and came to export the SWF only to be presented with a blank screen, even though it works fine in the preview.A little searching on this forum and I found that this is a problem with ID and the fix seems to be to do and update to ID 1.02. So I've downloaded the update and set it off.However when I try the update it's asking me for my Quark validation code which is back in my office 2,000 miles away.I can, it seems, install the Demo version but that's going to put a watermark onto exported files.I'm not even sure if the update is appropriate because I don't have a free-standing Interactive Designer application but rather I'm using an Interactive layout within Xpress 7.31.Is there any way at all that I can get past this problem?Any help very much appreciated.

Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark)

Post by Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark) » 20 Oct 2010, 22:14

Hi Bob,
Please email at cservice@quark.com or you can use chat feature on Quark website to contact customer service executives.
Thanks,
JB

Bob Kerr

Post by Bob Kerr » 21 Oct 2010, 03:06

Hi JB,Following my initial post I've had a long 'chat' with customer services and they were unable to help me.It was all very confusing because the executive insisted that QID is a separate free-standing application to Xpress and that I have to have the validation code for that separate application. He asked for the serial number and I gave him the only one I have which is for Xpress. He said I must have a serial number for QID, but, although I'm using 'Interactive' in Xpress (by starting with an interactive layout), I have no Interactive Designer application in may Applications folder.I believe that Xpress 7.31 had the interactive functionality built-in. Maybe I'll try the email route but in the meantime perhaps you or someone else can explain whether my understanding on whether it's built in or a separate application is correct?Bob.

Bob Kerr

Post by Bob Kerr » 21 Oct 2010, 03:28

I was wondering if I can ask a favor of anyone reading this thread. I have two simple interactive layouts. One of them is just text and three buttons, the other is text with a jpeg in the background. All I need to do is have swf files created from them. Would anyone be willing to do this for me and return the swfs If I sent you the files? Would really appreciate the help.

Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark)

Post by Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark) » 21 Oct 2010, 19:29

Hi Bob,
In XPress 7.31, Interactive Designer was not built in. You had to install XPress first and then you need to install Interactive Designer 1.02.
You can mail me your files and i will send you the exportedSWFs.
Thanks,
JB

Bob Kerr

Post by Bob Kerr » 21 Oct 2010, 23:35

Hello JB,I had an email yesterday from someone else willing to help and I now have the SWFs I needed to get me past the immediate problem. The rest I can sort out when I get back to UK (and have all the serial and validation codes to hand). Thanks for your help and for your kind offer.Bob.

Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark)

Post by Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark) » 22 Oct 2010, 00:20

that's great to know!!
Thanks,
JB

Return to “General authoring questions”