Inserting indicators ! Help!!

Discuss Interactive Design & Flash® (SWF) Export inside QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Exchange ideas, share helpful tips and get started with your first interactive design.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
Rach

Post by Rach » 17 Oct 2010, 00:02

Hi All

I need some help! I am creating an A2 poster in Quark. Once the A2 poster has been printed an A4 page will be stuck in the middle of it and what I am tryaing to do is to put some indicators on the page to show where the A4 page should be placed centrally. Any suggestions please on how to position the indicators. I am working on an A4 document and then trnsfering to A2 size when saving as a PDF. I have been given the dimensions for the A4 page indicators I just don't know how to insert them ! Help!

max.peter

Post by max.peter » 17 Oct 2010, 01:12

If you want to put a A4 design in a A2 page, you have more options:
1. Make the page of your layuot in A2 size, then put your graphic in the middle (or the desired position), or
2. Make the page of the layout in A4 size, but print it on a A2 page size.
You can mark its position by:
a - making a frame of the A4 graphic;
b - adding manually some indicators (lines in the corners or on the sides of the A4 graphic);
c - activating the crop marks before printing.
I hope I've understood your problem, if not, please be more specific.

Rach

Post by Rach » 17 Oct 2010, 01:39

Hi
Thanks for your response, What I need to do I think is to activate the crop marks before printing, how do I insert crop marks in to my document ? I forgot to say that I am working in Passport version if that makes and difference.
I will definiately need crop marks to show where the A4 document will need to be placed on the A2 document after it has been printed.
Any suggestions on how to insert the crop marks ?
Thanks in advance for any help you could give[:D]

max.peter

Post by max.peter » 17 Oct 2010, 01:51

I guess you're working with Quark v.7 Passport (if I'mwrong, let me know).
In the Print dialog box, go to Marks and in "Registration Marks Options" list, choose "Centered" or "Off center" for "Mode".
Further, you can set the width of the crop marks, their length and their offset from the borders of your graphic (you can input values in inches or mm, the program will "translate" them in points).
And that is all. Press "Print", if the other options (page size and layout, colors, etc).

Rach

Post by Rach » 17 Oct 2010, 04:50

Thank you so much for your help, I will give that a go and let you know how I get on!
All the best - Rach

Return to “General authoring questions”