How to... with a mouse over show first 1 picture and than an

Discuss Interactive Design & Flash® (SWF) Export inside QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Exchange ideas, share helpful tips and get started with your first interactive design.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
fvn

Post by fvn » 04 Oct 2010, 04:36

Helloi'm making a portfolio and just beginning with Flash.... so please help meI've made a design so that when the mouse is moving over a small picturebox, a larger image (which was hiding) showed. and vanished when the mouse is leaving the small picturebox.now I want that when the mouse is over the small picturebox, a larger picture is showing, but after 5 seconds another picture shows up, and so on.on the scripts menu I made a new script with show object, delay 5 sec, show (another)object etc.On event , script script active with the correct name on it.when I preview, nothing pops up...so I hope someone can help meThanksFerdinand

Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark)

Post by Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark) » 04 Oct 2010, 17:05

Hi Ferdinand,
Your approach is correct. In the script that you 'Run' on mouse hover of small picture box 'hide' the first big picture box after 'delay' action before you 'show' another big picture box. On 'Mouse Exit' from small picture box you need to 'stop' the script. Only thing that matters in such scripts is calling of 'Show' and 'Hide' actions for objects in correct sequence.
In case you find any problem is doing this you can mail your project to me at jbhatnagar@quark.com.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
JB

fvn

Post by fvn » 05 Oct 2010, 03:53

Thanks, that solved my problem!

Return to “General authoring questions”