File Not Found. [-43]

Discuss Interactive Design & Flash® (SWF) Export inside QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Exchange ideas, share helpful tips and get started with your first interactive design.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
carrick

File Not Found. [-43]

Post by carrick » 28 Sep 2010, 05:49

Updating an older Quark Interactive website started a few years ago and now get the following File Not Found. [-43] as quarkxpress 8.1.6 builds some of the pages of this SWF file these pages will sometimes show the following details as Element Picture Box missing.Is there a way to check why this is happening as I cannot highlight missing pictures, boxes, or missing text elements within the Interactive designer menu.I have duplicated some interactive pages throughout the design for use as page templates and have updated the missing pictures, but some pages are still showing the File Not Found error is there any way to check for hidden elements within a Quark document or within the Interactive document before previewing the SWF page in single or layout mode.A second question it still possible to make the page thumbnails larger at the bottom of a quark interactive document.I recall being able to resize thumbnails in Quark 7 for easy viewing is this still available in Quark 8.1.6

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

File Not Found. [-43]

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 29 Sep 2010, 01:20

Hi carrick,
when you say "older", do you mean QuarkXPress 7 with Quark Interactive Designer?
And yes, you can enlarge the page navigation thumbnails, we introduce that with QuarkXPress 8 on OS X. You just have to hit the cursor keys up and down when you see them.
Regards
Matthias

carrick

File Not Found. [-43]

Post by carrick » 30 Sep 2010, 10:49

Hello Matthias,Yes it was started in Quarkxpress 7 along with standalone Quark Interactive Designer, can you offer any reasons why this would happen and a way to check this interactive file. Is it possible to highlight any problems within a quark file or its Interactive designer file with a colour highlighter to help locate any duplicate items or problems within a SWF or inside the main quark document before producing the SWF file, this might help users keep track of hidden elements like pictures or text items within a SWF page or within the main Quark project file.A second question,Regarding the Interactive designer menus will quark offer a custom option to increase the reading size on any text used within the menu areas of interactive designer as the small print size used makes reading the word inputed into these fields harder to see using the current non scalable small text used at the present time.Any details would be helpful Regards Carrick

Quarkian
Quarkian

File Not Found. [-43]

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 30 Sep 2010, 22:45

Hi Carrick,
I can only imagine that the error results in missing pictures or multimedia assets when exporting. Have you checked the "Usage" dialog? Are all pictures and sounds, videos etc. either in status OK or "External"?
To your second quenstion, do you just envision a larger font or do you also expect runaround? With synchronized text and a second text box it should be easily achievable.
Regards
Matthias

carrick

File Not Found. [-43]

Post by carrick » 01 Oct 2010, 04:13

To Mattias,The ''Usage" dialog area gives me some answers to the problem as it shows missing picture items within my main project file, these pictures previews are still showing within the quark file but not available within the SWF after preview. Note: This picture has been moved or the name has been changed since it was imported.Current Picture: Macintosh HD:Users:mark:Desktop:images-1.jpgType: JPEGModified: 10/17/08 6:32 PMWhy are some thumbnails and larger images still showing within the quark project file, should this happen if some image files have been replaced with newly updated pictures. Should quarkxpress only preview the last image used within a quark project even if the picture thumbnail or larger image files are not available on my main hard drive should these previews still show within the quark project file even if not updated on each revision of the project.I will need to update most of these links showing within the quark project to make sure all pictures are available within the document and its SWF generated preview file.A larger font could help for viewing but the runaround with synchronised text along with a second text box feature would offer extended viewing possibilities could this be achieved in the Interactive designer interface.Regarding interactive designer do you expect any feature updates and what to expect for epub to multi-platforms within the next release of quarkxpress software.Regards Carrick

Quarkian
Quarkian

File Not Found. [-43]

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 03 Oct 2010, 17:47

Hi Carrick,
if pictures have been updated QuarkXPress will show the prior preview until you update th epicture in the Usage dialog. For that select all pictures that have a status of "Modified" and click on "Update". Now the the preview in your layout should show the right images.
Sure, when you enlarge text the runaround is effected that's a major challenge for all interface designers on devices that have a page metaphor. You need to think of something how to solve that (by scrolling text, omitting pictures etc.).
And I am sure you understand that we cannot publicly talk about the next upgrade, a glimpse of what we are doing can be seen at IFRA this week: http://www.quark.com/pressdetail.aspx?nid=2498&lang=en
Thanks
Matthias

Return to “General authoring questions”