Add pseudo shopping cart???

Discuss Interactive Design & Flash® (SWF) Export inside QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Exchange ideas, share helpful tips and get started with your first interactive design.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
gibolson

Post by gibolson » 21 Sep 2010, 06:22

We have a web catalogue of custom items put together and made available for perusal. However we would like our clients to be able to go through this catalogue and 'select' various items to be added to a list (like a shopping cart, but there will be no commerce involved.) It is more like an order form where we will be building the custom items and arrange payment later via a different route.I would like to provide transparent boxes (hovering over the items on the pages) to show up in a form list when clicked. Then the customer would review items chosen, and then fill in the rest of their info (on this form) and have this information posted to an email address... where we would collect the email and put the items through for production.We have the HTML catalogue built and just need to know the next steps to make this work.Thank youGib O

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 22 Sep 2010, 01:45

Hi Gib,
using arrays or list it should be possible to collect items and then display them in a list.
However if you want the list to show graphical objects (e.g. pictures) it gets more difficult.
Maybe a shop solution is too much for an Interactive Design tool and you might be better off looking at an OpenSourceWeb Shop solution?
Thanks
Matthias

gibolson

Post by gibolson » 22 Sep 2010, 04:29

Thank you. A text list should suffice. Is there somewhere I can find a step by step instruction to set up an array, or list it? I have never done forms in Quark before so this will all be new to me. I would need to know how to direct the individual mouse clicks to a central spot and then how to show this in a form..TNXGib

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 28 Sep 2010, 02:16

Hi Gib,
I found some time today to play around and found a very simple solution:
http://www.quarkforums.com/resources/si ... ngcart.swf
Please excuse the design.
Is that what you envisioned?

Thanks
Matthias

gibolson

Post by gibolson » 28 Sep 2010, 04:22

Matthias: Yes that concept would work well... my question would be, how would this information be 'collected' to a form I create with the rest of the information. I also noticed that this was a swf. I am doing all of the web page work in html rather than flash, as a lot of our realtors use IPhones and 'you guessed it' Flash does not work there.TNXGib

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 29 Sep 2010, 01:21

Hi Gib,
as you posted your question under "Flash Magic" I assumed you were lookign for a Flash solution.
For HTML I assume you would need some server logic, as I wouldn't know how to build this on the client using QuarkXPress.
Thanks
Matthias

Return to “General authoring questions”