QID on Leopard Announcement.....

Discuss Interactive Design & Flash® (SWF) Export inside QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Exchange ideas, share helpful tips and get started with your first interactive design.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
swami12

Post by swami12 » 24 Oct 2007, 16:26

What do you know about the rest of Quark and its functionality in Leopard?

thanks
N

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 25 Oct 2007, 00:01

Hi, Nancy,

yes, I put a small note into a QuarkXPress forum:
http://www.quark.com/service/forums/vie ... hp?t=20180

Best regards
Matthias

pincer

Post by pincer » 02 Nov 2007, 17:01

Matthias

Any news on when this update is ready? Unfortunately I upgraded before checking out these forums :(

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 03 Nov 2007, 05:16

Hi, pincer,

we are working on it as quick as possible and the fix will have no other functionality/bug fixes than Leopard compatibility (so that we can release it as quick as possible).

I will let you know here as soon as we have a definite date.

In the mean team, two workarounds:
1. Downgrade your OS X (or install an alternative 10.4 boot)
2. As previewing works, you might want to try to grab the temp SWF that Interactive Designer exports.

Best
Matthias

mad max

Post by mad max » 21 Nov 2007, 12:06

[strong]Matthias Guenther (Quark):[/strong]Hi, pincer,

we are working on it as quick as possible and the fix will have no other functionality/bug fixes than Leopard compatibility (so that we can release it as quick as possible).

I will let you know here as soon as we have a definite date.

In the mean team, two workarounds:
1. Downgrade your OS X (or install an alternative 10.4 boot)
2. As previewing works, you might want to try to grab the temp SWF that Interactive Designer exports.

Best
Matthias

HI Matthias
just downloaded the Quark 7.31 in the hope that this cures the ID problem but alas it doesn't.... in the mean time where are the preview temp files written too as this will work for me except I dont know where they are stored
kind regards max

Kabir(Quark)

Post by Kabir(Quark) » 22 Nov 2007, 00:55

Hi Pincer

When you preview a swf , you can see the path at which the preview swf is placed (differs for all systems) on the application bar of the Flash player (press esc to see this as we preview in full screen mode)

The path would start from the private folder , use Go -> Go to folder and navigate to the path seen on the Flash Player

Here you would find a swf file called QXPpreview. Videos and swfs used in objects would not be created in separate folders but at the root level of the swf itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kabir
QuID QA
kschandhoke@quark.com

pincer

Post by pincer » 07 Dec 2007, 18:10

Any news on this upgrade!!!!

pincer

Post by pincer » 07 Dec 2007, 18:59

I'm getting pretty desperate here. I need to get a presentation exported as a Windows Projector by the end of the weekend. As far as I can see the only option for me is to downgrade to 10.4 which I'm not happy/confident doing!!

All files (QID and support files) can be made available for download via FTP. If anybody could produce me a Windows Projector file I would be grateful, preferably a Quark Tech person.

I'm running Quark 7.31 with QID 1.01 on OSX 10.5.1

Thanks

Paul

pincer

Post by pincer » 08 Dec 2007, 05:38

It looks like I've fixed this by running the QXPpreview and support files through 'Flash Player Pro' on the PC and exporting it as a Windows Projector file (.exe).

I can't see any obvious problems doing it this way at the moment but I'm sure the client will be on the phone come Monday morning with a problem :(

Paul

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 10 Dec 2007, 01:23

Hi, Paul,

[strong]on Friday, 4:59 pm pincer:[/strong]I'm getting pretty desperate here. I need to get a presentation exported as a Windows Projector by the end of the weekend.
Next time if you need some emergency help please try to let us know a bit earlier, then we have a better chance to help.

[strong]pincer:[/strong]It looks like I've fixed this by running the QXPpreview and support files through 'Flash Player Pro' on the PC and exporting it as a Windows Projector file (.exe).
It looks like you have found a workaround, hope everything worked out.
That should work, as Interactive Designer basically does the same, take the SWF and embed the player into an EXE.

One thing you should carefully check (with any SWF or projector you give out) are the path to external files.

Best
Matthias

Return to “General authoring questions”