Tip: Customizable scrollbar (and scrollable picture lists)

You have completed your first interactive designs with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9 and now have need for more advanced functionality. Discuss Expressions here, ask questions and learn more about them.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 21 Jun 2010, 00:24

Hi formosa,
formosa34 wrote:But how and where do I install missing fonts. I need Helvetica and/or Arial

Just install them in OS X or Windows and QuarkXPress will pick it up automatically.
Thanks
Matthias

AndAnAs

Post by AndAnAs » 16 Sep 2010, 04:10

Dear colleagues, Matthias, other employees Quark!

On this section at me one simple question.
Look. I transfer elements from a sample file which has laid out Matthias in the new project. And all ceases to work. A question: how to transfer elements to my project (both breadboard models and scenarios) that they remained efficient?

OR

I do a breadboard model of a template with the registration necessary to me. I keep it in file SWF. Then I insert it into the project. When I export my final project, all works, but there are additional files. A question: how to make the total exported file without the additional?

I thank for the prompt help. Thanks.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 19 Sep 2010, 17:03

Hi Andanas,
sorry, I am not sure I understand your question(s).
Are you saying, you are creating an SWF with sub projects (SWFs) and you would like to put all into one file?
Thanks
Matthias

AndAnAs

Post by AndAnAs » 19 Sep 2010, 19:37

Matthias, thanks for a prompt reply.

Excuse for my English as spoke, I from Russia. You correctly have understood me. It is necessary for me:

Or to put all into one SWF file,
Or to transfer your scenario to other publication and to leave its efficient, till now at me it it has not turned out.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 22 Sep 2010, 01:32

Hi Andanas,
if you are using videos or other SWFs, then it is not possible to put everythign into one SWF.
Why do you need that please?

Regards
Matthias

AndAnAs

Post by AndAnAs » 23 Sep 2010, 02:55

Hello, Matthias!

I guessed that it isn't possible.
But to place one SWF in another was for me way of insertion your Scrollbar in my project. I altered design and I did the result project shared and inserted it by means of Shared Content.

But at insertion total SWF it was created not only a final file, but also a folder with the additional. It and now, and in the majority of other cases very inconveniently. By the way, I hope that you will find in the future versions a way to collect all files in one total SWF.

Thus, my question remains.
I want to move elements Scrollbar from yours template to the publication and to keep their working capacity. But it is impossible to me. Prompt, how it to make?

And how to transfer them repeatedly when it is supposed to create a many Scrollbars from your template in one my new project.

I thank for the fast and developed answer.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 26 Sep 2010, 20:13

Hi Andanas,
so you are asking how to add many scroll bars to your template?
Just copy all elements to your project, copy all scripts (export/import) and make sure the "Initialize" script runs every time a new scroll bar is encountered.
Regards
Matthias

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 27 Sep 2010, 22:00

Hi all,
as we held a webinar recently about scrollbars, this might be interestign to watch:
http://www.vimeo.com/15185389
Enjoy!
Matthias

MarkyBoy

Post by MarkyBoy » 31 Oct 2012, 04:33

I've been playing with this file as it does almost exactly what I wanted to do, but whenever I preview it, I get a message saying 'the drag variable does not exist, please define'
I have not edited or deleted any scripts, I merely copied everything to a new interactive document
Any ideas?

MarkyBoy

Post by MarkyBoy » 31 Oct 2012, 04:38

Also, when I resize the document and preview it, the scroll no longer works... What would cause that?
If you want to resize the images to use larger ones, then is there some other adjustment to the script that needs to be made, because once resized, the scroll does not work either?

Return to “Expressions”