Tip: Customizable scrollbar (and scrollable picture lists)

You have completed your first interactive designs with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9 and now have need for more advanced functionality. Discuss Expressions here, ask questions and learn more about them.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
Jean-Marie Schwartz

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 31 Oct 2012, 05:28

Page not found
Sorry, "eSeminar 7: QuarkXPress 8 - Working with Scroll Bars" was deleted at 5:50:19 Fri Nov 4, 2011.We have no more information about it on our mainframe or elsewhere. Return to the previous page
???

MarkyBoy

Post by MarkyBoy » 31 Oct 2012, 05:32

MarkyBoy wrote:Also, when I resize the document and preview it, the scroll no longer works... What would cause that?
If you want to resize the images to use larger ones, then is there some other adjustment to the script that needs to be made, because once resized, the scroll does not work either?
I have realised what is happening, when you ungroup the images, work on them... then regroup them convert to interactive object and name it 'sc_element_hor'. You then have to go into the 'sc_drag' script, 6th line from bottom 'set object position' you have to enter 'sc_element_hor' back in the object box because when you ungroup the images in the first place the script loses this bit of information!

MarkyBoy

Post by MarkyBoy » 31 Oct 2012, 07:20

Is it possible to use this with a lot of images? ie so many that they disappear off the pasteboard? - That's only about 20 images actually but how would you do that, pr could you make three or four rows of images?

MarkyBoy

Post by MarkyBoy » 01 Nov 2012, 05:47

Did anyone manage to get this fantastic object to work within a window? Whatever I try, the images just disappear as soon as I click on the 'scroll bar'??

Return to “Expressions”