Need help on keeping score

You have completed your first interactive designs with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9 and now have need for more advanced functionality. Discuss Expressions here, ask questions and learn more about them.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 16 Aug 2011, 22:09

And the second one is the Page Entry Script for your page?
Maybe you can send me your file, it will make it easier to find ou the cause.
Thanks
Matthias

S57

Post by S57 » 06 Sep 2011, 07:08

Hey Matthias,
Everything is going well with my project, but I have one more question regarding this scorebox.
How do I have the score that is display in the scorebox appear in a new box on a different page. Basicallly, I wanted to move the Final Jeopardy question to a new page but I need the score to transfer from the previous page.
For example, if Player1 has $500, Player2 has -$200, and Player 3 winds up having $1100 after all the questions, how can I get these numbers to automatically transfer to the next page in a new text box. I would also want to use the same Up/Down Arrow scoring system on this final page as well, depending on whether or not the player gets the questions right or wrong and depending on their Final Jeopardy question wager.

S57

Post by S57 » 06 Sep 2011, 10:06

Oh, and one more question.
Is there a way to create an F1 Help option?
Basically, if the user hits the F1 key, a pop up text box will appear, and if hit again, it will disappear.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 08 Sep 2011, 11:19

Hi S57,
S57 wrote:How do I have the score that is display in the scorebox appear in a new box on a different page.

there are several ways how to do it.
Probably the easiest one (if you don't have too many pages) is to create a score text box on every page and modify your script to fill all of them (just duplicate the actions) even if these tetx boxes are not on the visible page. If you check the "keep status on page entry" for every text box, they shoudl keep their value even when off the stage.
Does that make sense?

Regards
Matthias

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 08 Sep 2011, 11:20

Hi S57,
S57 wrote:Is there a way to create an F1 Help option?

yes, though I am not sure whether the OS won't override this.
Go to the "Keys" tab and assign any key to start a script. You migth want to assign it to all pages or a specific master page if you want the same key behave the same on all pages.
Regards
Matthias

Return to “Expressions”