New swf every refresh/visit

You have completed your first interactive designs with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9 and now have need for more advanced functionality. Discuss Expressions here, ask questions and learn more about them.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
LesleyAnn

Post by LesleyAnn » 26 Sep 2010, 20:23

I get the idea I guess if everything is running concurrently it's likely to overload. I should get some time today to work through the timings. I'll let you know how it goes!Thank youLesley

LesleyAnn

Post by LesleyAnn » 01 Oct 2010, 07:57

Hi there,I've still no joy on this problem I've tried taking a few steps back and simplifying everything in order to get to the root of it: I've made three new scripts which are a 5 second image fade in, and they're called "SlideShow 1, 2 and 3" and then made the script which will select one of the three scripts like this:LoopSet "Shuffle == Number.RandomInt(1,3)"If Shuffle == 1Run Script "SlideShow 1"Delay Time, "5"End IfIf Shuffle == 2Run Script "SlideShow 2"Delay Time, "5"End IfIf Shuffle == 3Run Script "SlideShow 3"Delay Time, "5"End IfEnd LoopTo me it looks just like your example, but you know when you stare at something so long you can't see the wood for the trees?! Does that look right to you?Thanks indeed

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 03 Oct 2010, 19:48

Hi Lesley,
you need to be carefull about = and ==.
'=' means assign whereas '==' means equal.
So your actions should be:
Loop
Set "Shuffle = Number.RandomInt(1,3)"
If Shuffle == 1
[...]
End Loop

Does that fix it?
Thanks
Matthias

LesleyAnn

Post by LesleyAnn » 04 Oct 2010, 03:31

SILLY me! That does indeed fix it.Thank you very much Matthias. You can see the results here: http://www.lolleys.co.uk/ although you'll have to pop back another time to see that you get a different set of images on your next visit!Thanks againLesley

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 04 Oct 2010, 23:14

Hi Lesley,
very nice site.
Thank you for sharing it!
Matthias

Return to “Expressions”