How to move/slide an image in a small area when you click 4

You have completed your first interactive designs with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9 and now have need for more advanced functionality. Discuss Expressions here, ask questions and learn more about them.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice » 14 Jan 2009, 05:59

I can't work out how to do this I have document that is 1000 x 500 pixels, I have a picture box inside it and it show a map section, I have put 4 arrows and on the event section for each arrow user Event is Click up Action is Drag object Object is the name of the image when I preview and click on the arrow it crop the image and I stay on my cursor Could you explain step by step the proper procedure thank you fabrice

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 14 Jan 2009, 08:28

Hi, Fabrice,
the "drag" action allows you to "attach" an object to the mouse cursor, as if you were dragging.
What you do sounds like you want to sldie the object, so you need to use the action "Object > Slide".
Best
Matthias

Fabrice

Post by Fabrice » 14 Jan 2009, 21:37

Hi Matthias,thank you for responding, back in March 2008 you sent this link Like:http://www.quarkforums.com/resources/pan.swfI am trying to do the same, I have currently a page size which is 1000 x 500 px and within that I have an image which is 500 x 500 on the left hand side I have some text, I would like to achieve the same effect within the pic, the problem I have is that when I make the pic larger the pasteboard do not allow me the space top and bottom.Anyway are you able to give me the instruction step by step on one arrow only as I can duplicate it all.I am new to QID and I am trrying to get me way round.I would really appreciate your help .many thanksfabrice

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 15 Jan 2009, 01:07

Ah, that one.
I have to admit it was a bit tricky to come up with this, after I found out who to do it, it was easy.
Basically you have a picture object below an object with a cut out area, through which you see the picture.
Of course you coudl just use actions to move the picture 10 pix to the right when clicking on the arrows, but that moves the picture further than it should. So I move the picture to it's max position when the arrow is being pressed AND THE TRICK IS to move it to itself when you release the mouse button.
So for every arrow:
Event -> Click Down:
Object -> Slide > X/Y coordinate / -1500 / picture.GetY() / 150 px/s

Event -> Click Up:
Object-> Set Position -> X/Y coordinate / picture.GetX() / picture.GetY() / 150 px/s
You just need the absolute numbers (-1500) and fixed numbers (get) for each arrow.
Makes sense?
Thanks
Matthias

Fabrice

Post by Fabrice » 15 Jan 2009, 01:26

I will try to do this and hopefully it will make sense when I start working on it this eveningI will let you know tomorrow, thank you very much for your help Fabrice

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 15 Jan 2009, 03:30

Give me a shout if you are stuck (and where).

Best
Matthias

kokilatce

Post by kokilatce » 02 Feb 2009, 16:40

Hi Fabrice,
I am coding in c# and I want to know how you have moved an image in a small area when you click 4 arrows top, left, right, down inside a picturebox.I can't find the picturebox object's slide method anywhere.It would be better if you explain with the sample code.
Thanks in Advance.
Kokila Somasundaram

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 02 Feb 2009, 20:24

Hi, Kokila,
is this a joke[;)] or did you post into the wrong forum? Interactive in QuarkXPress is not a coding environment, so C# is not possible to use.
You might want to check with Developer Desk please, as you can use C# for programming XTensions (plug-ins).
Thanks
Matthias

Return to “Expressions”