Video in a Web Layout

Ask specific questions about integrating audio & video functionality in interactive designs created with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
SandyP

Video in a Web Layout

Post by SandyP » 01 Jul 2011, 10:30

I have an interactive layout that works perfectly and have been able to "Export to Flash." I can not get it to work in a web layout. I've tried for months to get it to work on QuarkXpress 8 on MAC OSX 10.5.8 It only shows up as a blank picture box. When working in Quark XPress 99 on MAC OSX 10.6.8 the file just crashes when I try to import the .swf file. Has anyone ever gotten a video to work in a web layout??

Kanav

Video in a Web Layout

Post by Kanav » 03 Jul 2011, 18:31

The issue is in the latest Flash Plugin, we are resolving the issue. The workaround to import .swf file in Web layout is as following:
1. Create a Web layout.
2. Drag and Drop the exported .swf file into web layout as an image.
3. Invoke Modify dialog for the selected item.
4. Go to Export tab and change Export as: SWF.
5. Export the layout to HTML.

SandyP

Video in a Web Layout

Post by SandyP » 04 Jul 2011, 05:00

I was able to export the web layout to HTML. The video was not visible but I could see the play button. When I click the button, it disappears (which it should) as if it was going to play, but the video does not play. Please advise.Best,Sandy

shaharaperil

Video in a Web Layout

Post by shaharaperil » 13 Oct 2011, 09:00

Are you uploading the HTML page to your website before trying to play the video?Is the video being accessed as an external reference in the SWF file?I've noticed that when I have external references to videos, I usually don't see them until I upload the HTML page, the video, and the SWF to my website. Once there, they play fine.

Return to “Video & Audio”