playing audio file across multiple pages

Ask specific questions about integrating audio & video functionality in interactive designs created with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
woodka

Post by woodka » 03 Jun 2010, 05:13

How can I play the same mp3 audio file across multiple pages of a slide show/quark interactive document?

Kanav

Post by Kanav » 03 Jun 2010, 20:00

Hi Woodka,

There are two methods to play the same MP3 audio file across the pages:

Method 1:

Using a Script, with an action Sound -> Play Background/Play sound (in loop) on page Entry Script (in Page tab of interactive Palette) of first page.

Method 2:

You can also create an object on a page and assign Sound -> Play Background/Play sound (in loop). Select 'External Reference' in sound field, on Click Up event of object.

Please note that MP3 sound can be played using "External Reference" option only. In External reference you can either give relative path (like song.mp3) or absolute path (like c:\user\folde\song.mp3). If you are using relative path, do remember to put the song.mp3 file into your SWF export folder.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Kanav

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 03 Jun 2010, 21:14

Hi Kanav,
Kanav wrote:Please note that MP3 sound can be played using "External Reference" option only.

You can also use the "Choose" method, which embeds the sound into the SWF.
Thanks
Matthias

woodka

Post by woodka » 04 Jun 2010, 02:30

Ok but when my presentation advances to the second page the audio starts over, I need the audio to play continuously as my presentations advances from page 1 to page 2 and so on without interruption. I am trying to time images changing and type moving with the sound/song. Am I doing something wrong or did no one understand my question?

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 04 Jun 2010, 06:25

Hi woodka,
are you triggerign the action on every new page? Just start the sound on page 1 (and loop it) and then it should continue to play even if you change pages.
Regards
Matthias

woodka

Post by woodka » 07 Jun 2010, 04:26

thanks the sound is playing just fine now

Return to “Video & Audio”