Interactive - Audio.

Ask specific questions about integrating audio & video functionality in interactive designs created with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
aaip

Interactive - Audio.

Post by aaip » 02 Mar 2010, 03:50

Hi there, I need to figure out how to create an interactive audio webpage & video.Can anyone provide step by step instructions on how to do this? I have pretty much sorted the layout in a web file - not print, interactive.Any help appreciated.ThanksA.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Interactive - Audio.

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 03 Mar 2010, 21:32

Hi aaip,
can you please elaborate what an "interactive audio webpage & video" is and what you want to create and where you are stuck?
Thanks
Matthias

aaip

Interactive - Audio.

Post by aaip » 03 Mar 2010, 21:59

Hiya,Ok, what I mean is this: referring to the audio page, I need to have a track list up there of the stuff I have composed, so you can play stop, etc. As with the video which is separate to the audio page, I need to have it so you click on the video image to play the video file [ show reel ] I'm stuck creating the actions etc from scratch,Hope this is clearer.ThanksAl :)

Quarkian
Quarkian

Interactive - Audio.

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 03 Mar 2010, 23:41

Hi aaip,
in Interactive Layout, what you need to do is (for example, as there are many ways that lead to Rome ;-)

For Audio:
[ulist][*]Create several text boxes, each lists the name of one song.[*]For each text box in Events tab for event "click up" associate the action "Sound > Play > Songtitle.mp3"[*]Maybe add a Stop button (and/or Pause) that stops (pauses) the currently playing sound.[/ulist]
For Video:
[ulist][*]Create a picture box, make that a video object[*]Create several text boxes, each lists the name of one video.[*]For each text box in Events tab for event "click up" associate the action "Video > Play in Object 'yourvideoobject' > Video.FLV" (reference via external reference)[*]Maybe add a Stop button (and/or Pause) that stops (pauses) the currently playing video.[/ulist]
Best regards
Matthias

aaip

Interactive - Audio.

Post by aaip » 04 Mar 2010, 01:48

Hi,sorry for a div question, where is the event tab window....??? :$Many thanks.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Interactive - Audio.

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 04 Mar 2010, 01:59

Hi aaip,
when you create n Interactive Layout, type presentation in QuarkXPress 8, the Interactive Palette can be opened in the Window menu. The second tab is the Event tab.
Regards
Matthias

aaip

Interactive - Audio.

Post by aaip » 04 Mar 2010, 03:28

ahhh, gotcha. So easy when you know how!!Many thanks :)

aaip

Interactive - Audio.

Post by aaip » 08 Mar 2010, 08:05

heya,Can an interactive page be used for the web or do I need to convert it? I tried converting it to the 'web' layout but the hyperlinks did not work, and changed some of the appearances. A.

Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark)

Interactive - Audio.

Post by Jyoti Bhatnagar (Quark) » 08 Mar 2010, 17:42

You canincludeyour interactive layout in your web page.Using Layout menu >Advance Layout Properties, share your interactive layout. Now youneed to create a web layout in your project. Invoke Shared Content palette from Utilities menu. Now drag your interactive layout onto your web layout.
On Quark forum you can find many posts referring to use of Interactive Layout into web layout.
Hope this help.
Thanks,
JB

Return to “Video & Audio”