FLV

Ask specific questions about integrating audio & video functionality in interactive designs created with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
macdiseno

FLV

Post by macdiseno » 07 Nov 2007, 19:15

PLEASE I NEED TO USE FLV FILE IN MY PRESENTATION, BUT
1. I MAKE A BOX,
2. IN INTERACTIVE PALETTE, CHOOSE: OBJECT TYPE: VIDEO
3. IN VIDEO TYPE: FLV
4. IN VIDEO: EXTERNAL REFERENCE, FILE....AND CHOOSE THE FLV FILE
5. MAKE A PREVIEW AND ITS OK, BUT WHEN I CREATE A PROJECTOR (EXPORT), DONT LINK THE FLV FILE AND DONT WORK IN OTHER MAC
PLEASE, WHATS WRONG?
THANKS

Kabir(Quark)

FLV

Post by Kabir(Quark) » 07 Nov 2007, 23:06

Hi macdiseno

When you choose an flv file through external reference , it is not copied along with the projector or swf file but that swf or projector links to it via the location given in the external reference , relative to the location of the swf or projector.

So to make things work , in the external reference dialog simply type the name of the flv e.g. movie.flv

Export the swf or projector and copy the movie.flv at the same location as the projector. Now , the projector will always have access to the movie file relative to itself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Kabir
QuID QA

macdiseno

FLV

Post by macdiseno » 08 Nov 2007, 17:05

Thanks very much, its work but Its a little disorganized, I prefer that the flv files stay in a folder, so I translate a MOV files, so when I make the projector convert this to flv files, but its so low resolution i change for my original fl files in the folder that quark create, and works.
Please another question, Iam working in a Macintosh and works fine but when I run in Windows there is no a flash player standalone, then when i exported i choose a Windows projector but dont work
what can I do
Thanks again

Kabir(Quark)

FLV

Post by Kabir(Quark) » 14 Nov 2007, 01:59

Hi Macdiseno

When you say the windows projector does not work , do you mean the projector does not run at all or the video in it is not visible?

If the projector does not work at all , please rename it and add .exe as an extension to the projector file.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Kabir

macdiseno

FLV

Post by macdiseno » 14 Nov 2007, 13:46

thanks, its ok, I forget the .exe extension
Another question?
Where can I get interactive quark designer project that i use like sample
Thanks again

Kabir(Quark)

FLV

Post by Kabir(Quark) » 15 Nov 2007, 08:45

Hi

Exactly what kind of a sample project are you looking for?
If you have something specific in mind , maybe I could help you.

There are some sample projects on the QuID CD , and all sample projects can be downloaded from http://www.quark.com/products/interacti ... jects.html

Regards,
Kabir

macdiseno

FLV

Post by macdiseno » 21 Nov 2007, 17:41

Thanks again
I need more quarkdesigner examples, with videos o scripts
Thanks

Return to “Video & Audio”