The April 2016 release includes new features and enhancements building on our last release in February 2016. These features and enhancements are directly influenced by some of our key customers as we add increasing quality to our enterprise solution for content automation.
Of particular interest to those using multi-server deployments, be sure to review our documentation for important details and configuration steps.
As always, we hope you enjoy the benefits this release delivers.
Quark Publishing Platform
- Advanced REST framework - our REST framework can now support more advanced domain tree operations to simplify changes to your metadata structure
- Aspose (default PDF handling in MS Office) to 8.7.2
- HighCharts (static and dynamic charting service) to 4.2.3
- HighStock libraries to 4.2.3
- Table of Contents - deliver outline numbering formats in generated tables of contents
- Additional generation options - create a generated table of contents for a Box Reference, adding new formatting options in two-column content flows
- Attribute validation - manage tighter compliance to your business rules at check-in, leveraging a fix to attribute mappings which use XPath to capture business-critical attribute values
Quark XML Author
- Quality improvement - benefit from a range of fixes related to Reliability, Usability, and Smart Paste provided in response to key customer needs
Microsoft Office and Quark XML Author Adapters
- Editing referred documents - easily locate and edit the original Excel file associated with a referenced component directly from XML Author, enhancing end user usability
- Additional ribbon buttons- insert topic and map references through ribbon buttons for a more intuitive user experience
- Deeper topic references- topic references can now be added up to 6 levels in map documents allowing more detailed document structures
- New file format - seamlessly use binary Excel files (.xslb) in Quark Publishing Platform
Platform XTensions for QuarkXPress and QuarkCopyDesk
- Quality improvement - leverage several key fixes which improve reliability and stability
How do I learn more?
For a complete breakdown of what's new in this release, how to upgrade or for any other questions, please contact your support representative by visiting quark.parature.com. Please note that enterprise upgrades are only available to customers with current maintenance agreements.
Documentation is available online or via the Quark Alliance network.
You can also kick off a specific topic here on our forums.
Sr. Product Manager, Quark Enterprise Solutions