Customer responsiveness is our first priority, which means responding to requests as quickly as we can so you can leverage the highest possible value from your investment in us.
Our customers collaborate across business silos to produce and deliver approved content to any device and output format. We know there's always more work to do on business-critical content assets and that you increasingly manage more and more such assets, so we have taken your valuable feedback and introduced new ways to streamline the process.
For example, using our Platform Adapters for Microsoft Office you can easily copy data from Excel and paste it directly into Quark Author, our browser-based application for content creation. We've also added styling and metadata features to reference notes, allowing you to do more with footnotes and endnotes.
System administrators will appreciate new configuration options for the helpful publishing rescue folder introduced last June.
Please see below to learn more about this fantastic maintenance release. As always, please review our documentation for important upgrade steps, configuration details, and deprecation announcements.
Close out the year with our October 2017 Update!
Quark Publishing Platform
- Azure SQL database support - easily deploy Platform IaaS to Microsoft Azure and save on capital expenses
- Highlighted infrastructure upgrades - stay current with the latest third-party software libraries, including the most recent versions of Aspose, Highcharts, and more:
- Aspose Cells, Diagram, Slides, and Words updated to 17.9
- Highcharts updated to 5.0.14
- Saxon HE updated to 9.7.0-20
- Compatibility with QuarkXPress 2017 maintenance update - QuarkXPress 13.1 delivers quality and stability, as well as support for the new macOS High Sierra release
- Troubleshooting enhancement - Platform server administrators can easily define the path for the rescue folder introduced in June 2017
- Priority quality improvements - we resolved issues for over 10 enterprise customers in this release, because we never rest when it comes to our commitment to customer success
Quark Author Web Edition
- Browser support - Quark Author is now certified with the Safari web browser, allowing greater flexibility for enterprise user communities
- Collaboration enhancements - feedback on our updated collaborative review UI called for new features to sort changes by document position and to match canvas highlighting with user avatars in the Changes pane, and we delivered accordingly in October 2017
- Inline styling in reference notes - reference notes can be augmented with inline styling and custom tags to enhance readability and add semantic meaning
- Metadata management for reference notes - empower your reference notes with metadata-driven processing to enable additional business cases for filtering, styling, and semantics using our fully-featured metadata UI released in June 2017
Quark XML Author
- Cross-reference enhancement - organizations using standard captions for cross-references will appreciate a new feature to enable control and consistency
- Priority quality improvements - the XML Author team continues to enable customer success by delivering several key quality improvements for multiple enterprise customers
Microsoft Office and Quark XML Author Adapters
- Excel Adapter enhancement - responding to customer demand, we added a new ribbon button which makes it easier for those managing many components inside Microsoft Excel to push all changes to the server with a single click
- Server-managed clipboard enhancement - Platform Adapters for Excel can seamlessly add assets copied to the clipboard to the server and make those assets available for pasting into Quark authoring applications
Platform XTensions for QuarkXPress and QuarkCopyDesk
- Compatibility update - Platform XTensions for QuarkXPress and QuarkCopyDesk features are now compatible with the latest version of QuarkXPress 2017
How to learn more?
For a complete breakdown of what's new in this release or for any other questions, please contact your support representative by visiting http://quark.parature.com.
See our full documentation set, available here:
We'd love to hear your feedback. Please start a conversation here on our Enterprise forums!
Sr. Product Manager, Quark Enterprise Solutions