As you plan for this upgrade, we wanted to give you a preview to highlight what's coming and to remind you to look to the updated documentation for upgrade steps, changes to configuration, and deprecation announcements.
With the season turning to thoughts of plentiful harvest, we hope you enjoy feasting on the many new features and quality improvements provided to you in this release.
- QuarkXPress 2016 technology - for the first time, enterprise customers can directly access the amazing new feature set, including pixel-perfect HTML5 publications as an output format and the ability to paste a variety of formats as native objects, fast-tracking your ability to get rich designs into your enterprise templates
- Generated index publishing - producing a rich index for your publications is significantly extended to support our tools for structured authoring and available to anyone using our XML-based layout model for content automation
- Equation publishing for Quark Author - publish complex mathematical equations to multiple formats using our new integration with Wiris (equations are already supported in XML Author through our Mathtype integration)
- Automated table layouts - enhanced rules for complex tabular content give you the controls you asked for when it comes to producing the highest quality tables ever available to automated publishing systems
- Infrastructure on the cloud - with configuration, you can now manage your QuarkXPress servers using Microsoft Azure, enabling an array of system monitoring, performance testing, and scalability options at a much lower cost
- DITA Open Toolkit - you can use QuarkXPress Server as a publishing engine for your DITA content using the popular DITA Open Toolkit, enabling both the design power and many output types in QuarkXPress Server
How do I learn more?
For a complete breakdown of what's new in this release, how to upgrade or for any other questions, please contact your support representative by visiting quark.parature.com. Please note that enterprise upgrades are only available to customers with current maintenance agreements.
As always, our updated documentation set shall soon appear online and via the Quark Alliance network.
You can also start a new topic here on our forums.
Sr. Product Manager, Quark Enterprise Solutions