Our June 2017 update extends your content automation solution with support for the latest version of QuarkXPress 2017 released in May.
Customer responsiveness is our first priority, so we have listened to your requests for improved usability and quality in numerous areas. For example, system administrators will appreciate new tools to help benchmark your on-premise publishing servers.
Please review the highlights below to learn more about what's coming and plan to review our documentation for relevant upgrade steps and deprecation announcements.
Heat up your summer with our June 2017 Update!
- Compatibility with QuarkXPress 2017 and its feature set - enterprise customers can directly access new productivity and design enhancements like responsive HTML5 output, native image manipulation, new features for text, typography, and usability allowing designers to accelerate the production of rich designs inside your enterprise templates.
- Automated item styles - produce compelling infographics using the new automation features for styling boxes, frames, corners, drop shadows, and more.
- Transaction-based font management - by configuration, you can now dynamically include your licensed fonts as part of a rendering request. Once complete, these fonts are no longer available to other requests. This ensures license compliance and enables multi-tenant scenarios for your publishing server.
- Enhanced troubleshooting - server administrators will appreciate accelerated server troubleshooting with a new feature to auto-collect the full rendering request payload in a configurable rescue folder. The rescue folder and its contents simplify analysis and eliminate the requirement to directly access production servers.
- Metrics and monitoring - configure and capture real-time publishing metrics and server utilization statistics via API or log files. These enhancements streamline integration with third party monitoring applications which continually monitor the health and performance of servers using visually rich dashboards and alerts for critical parameters.
- Windows Server 2016 - deploy to the latest Microsoft Server version to leverage innovations in security and efficiencies at the operating system layer.
As announced in September 2016, we are deprecating our support for Windows Server 2008 R2 in this release.
How to learn more?
For a complete breakdown of what's new in this release or for any other questions, please contact your support representative by visiting http://quark.parature.com.
See our full documentation set, available here:
We'd love to hear your feedback. Please start a conversation here on our Enterprise forums!
Sr. Product Manager, Quark Enterprise Solutions