CopyDesk 7.4 & Word Highlighting

Discuss capabilities that support workgroup collaboration and productivity
pe_cam

Post by pe_cam » 27 Aug 2009, 10:51

Sorry for the mundane question - but I can't seem to get QuarkCopyDesk to highlight misspelled words as I type (just as my Safari browser did when I typed QuarkCopyDesk). Pretty much every other text editor on the market does it so I figure I just must be missing a setting...Thanks in advance,C. Marcera

Arminder Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Arminder Singh » 31 Aug 2009, 08:13

Hello C. Marcera,
QuarkCopyDesk does not support auto spell check (Check spellings as you type). You will need to run the spell check manually by clicking on Utilities > Check Spelling.
However, we value your feedback and will be passing this on to our product team for a possible implementation of this enhancement in a future version of QuarkCopyDesk. We appreciate your understanding on this subject.
Thanks!

pe_cam

Post by pe_cam » 18 Sep 2009, 10:05

So let me get this straight...Windows XP's FREE mail client, Outlook Express, has built-in spell correction/detection.Windows Vista's FREE mail client, Windows Mail, has built-in spell correction/detection.All FREE mainstream browsers, IE, Firefox, and Safari, all have built-in spell correction/detection.Mac OS X's FREE text editor, TextEdit, has built-in spell correction/detection.The FREE cross-platform office application, OpenOffice, has built-in spell correction/detection.More or less every piece of remotely intelligent software, freeware or commercial, comes with built-in spell correction/detection.But a $250 product with 18 years of development behind it in the typesetting industry.... DOESN'T come with this feature?Can anyone see how that's a little mind-blowing?Mac OS X *natively* supports built-in spell correction/detection which integrates it into nearly every application developed for OS X, Quark would almost have to go out of their way to disable it...

Return to “Quark Publishing System (QPS)”