As you plan for this upgrade, we wanted to give you a preview to highlight what's coming and to remind you to look to the updated documentation for upgrade steps, changes to configuration, and deprecation announcements.
With the season turning to thoughts of plentiful harvest, we hope you enjoy feasting on the many new features and quality improvements provided to you in this release.
Quark XML Author
- Referencing enhancements - add document cross-references, define titles, and set custom formats
- Hyperlinked images - add interactivity to your content with images that resolve to Web links
- Page breaks in tables - organize data in longer tables by adding page breaks that impact your print output
- View final markup - you can now cycle through multiple views for your tracked changes
- Validation - catch potential content errors before you save, with friendly alert messages
- Infrastructure upgrade - modernize your deployment with Word 2016; we no longer support Word 2007
- Table performance - open and save documents with lots of complicated tables in almost half the time
Microsoft Office and Quark XML Author Adapters
- New options for diagrams - you can reference visually-rich Visio pages and PowerPoint slides as components in XML Author
- Usability enhancements for DITA maps - you can now pin component references, create new sections from a map, and configure status-based color shading for topic and map references
- Save all components - users can enjoy better editing usability by saving all open components in both BUSDOCS and DITA
- Word Reviewer for XML Author - enable Platform-based collaboration with Word users without installing extra client software or invalidating your XML Author documents
- New Visio Adapter - Microsoft Visio users can now create and open files on the Platform server like you can with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Highlighted infrastructure upgrades
- .NET 4.6.2
- Office 365/Office 2016 support (for both Office and XML Author Adapters)
- 64-bit Microsoft Office support (for Office Adapters only)
- Visual Studio 2015
How do I learn more?
For a complete breakdown of what's new in this release, how to upgrade or for any other questions, please contact your support representative by visiting quark.parature.com. Please note that enterprise upgrades are only available to customers with current maintenance agreements.
As always, our updated documentation set shall soon appear online and via the Quark Alliance network.
You can also start a new topic here on our forums.
Sr. Product Manager, Quark Enterprise Solutions