Will QuarkXPress 2015 support El Capitan?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Please note that since Dec 1, 2018, QuarkXPress 2015 is not supported anymore.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Will QuarkXPress 2015 support El Capitan?

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 09 Jun 2015, 02:40

Hi all,

as this question will come up soon, the answer to it is "Yes, of course QuarkXPress 2015 will support OS X El Capitan."

And the more important question is: "When?"

As always – though working early on with Apple (and Microsoft for Windows 10) – we need to wait until the official release has been published. Only then we can do our final tests. So it will always be a few days after.

To give you an idea how long, have a look at the past please:
QuarkXPress 10.5 added official support for OS X 10.10 aka Yosemite 20 days after the official release of Yosemite.
When Apple released Mavericks it took us 17 days to release an update for QuarkXPress which officially supported OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). When Apple released Mountain Lion, 19 days later QuarkXPress 9.3.1 added support for it.

Can't foresee the future, however I am positive that this is going to be the time frame we'll need again to support Apple's newest version of OS X; so probably around 3 weeks after El Capitan has been released (the exact date hasn't been announced by Apple yet).

And PLEASE REMEMBER to make a BACKUP/clone of your operating system BEFORE installing any update/upgrade of your operating system. I wrote an article about it a few years back on how I do it:
http://www.planetquark.com/2013/11/05/b ... roduction/

Thanks
Matthias

P.S.: Yes, some of you will wonder whether QuarkXPress 10 will also support OS X 10.11 and Windows 10. It is too early to comment on that, we'll look into it of course.
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Return to “QuarkXPress 2015: General”