Import XML-Files?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Please note that since Dec 1, 2018, QuarkXPress 2015 is not supported anymore.

marclang

Import XML-Files?

Post by marclang » 29 Mar 2016, 10:40

Hi i'm new to this forum ... Looked the whole internet :!: but couldn't find anyone with the same problem ...
Am i the only one using xml-import in quark press?

Got a new powermac with el capital and can't use Quark9 anymore, i am not able to activate it in parallels with Mac OS 10.5.7, but need to import XML-Files coming out an as400-system.

I only found solutions with word and authoring-functions. But i don't need that.
I just need to import the xml-files in quark XPress and give it out as PDF ...

But how can i import these xml-files in quark2015?
Is there an extension working the same way as "Placeholders" in Quark9? That fitted perfect for me.

Hope someone can help me ... need that everyday :cry:

MikeWenzloff

Re: Import XML-Files?

Post by MikeWenzloff » 29 Mar 2016, 11:30

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Xml import stopped with version 9. A bad move in my estimation. But I am using Windows and so can still run version 9.

For work I have to use a newer version for, I have been having the xml output switched from xml to XTags. There is still work to be done on my end with the XSLT and only get to it on the weekends. But my proof of concept files are working fine. One needs to use an XML editor to successfully use the XSLT.

I have also been using an XTension for merging that has replaced a lot of the xml work I have been doing. It is been a good purchase.

Sorry there isn't better news. I had hoped that one of the XTension authors would come up with one, but I haven't found one.

Mike

Return to “QuarkXPress 2015: General”