Repeatedly asking me to reactivate

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Please note that since Dec 1, 2018, QuarkXPress 2015 is not supported anymore.

GreenGrass

Repeatedly asking me to reactivate

Post by GreenGrass » 04 Apr 2016, 16:56

I have been a Quark user since 4.0, and am currently on 2015 v11.0. I had been on 11.1 but was having crashing on exit issue so rolled it back.

But ever since I upgraded to 2015 way back (i.e. way out of the 60d free support window), every few weeks I get a notice that my copy of Quark has gone into Demo mode and needs to be activated. I understand that Quark only allows 2 activations and each is bonded to the hardware configuration at activation.

My problem is, I have a crazy job and travel extensively so I have all kinds of "hardware setups" that I use Quark on, so this is a problem I am tired of and am looking for a more permanent solution.

I have a Surface Pro 3 "tablet that replaces your laptop" sometimes:
- connected to the internet at home office on my lap
- not connected to the internet when I'm sitting in the airport or on a plane
- connected to my dock at home and then typically connected to the internet
- as a laptop while I'm traveling and connected to hotel WiFi
- as a laptop while traveling connected to my Verizon mobile hotspot accessing cell signals all over the US

Never fails, when I am on a plane trying to get some work done, I get this activation issue. And since I don't have access to WiFi, I can't work since Demo mode doesn't save anything.

Anyone have any suggestions for a work around?

Thanks

Return to “QuarkXPress 2015: General”