Images disappearing from file when reopened

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Please note that Quark will support QX2015 until Nov 30, 2018.

Christine@Ace

Images disappearing from file when reopened

Post by Christine@Ace » 27 May 2016, 12:25

One of my designers has an ongoing issue that on some of her files when she reopens it, the images are missing from the image boxes. If you check to see if they are there through Utilities>Usage>Pictures it says they are there.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is possibly happening?

Thanks!

Quark XPress 2015 on El Capitan

Christine@Ace

Re: Images disappearing from file when reopened

Post by Christine@Ace » 27 May 2016, 13:35

I now think it is a preview issue. When I send these files to print, the images are there. You are just unable to see most of them on the monitor. Any suggestions?

Rambabu
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Rambabu » 30 May 2016, 04:46

Quit the QuarkXPress if already LAUNCHED.
Run the "QuarkCacheCleaner" app, located in "Tools" folder at QuarkXPress installed location.
Launch the QuarkXPress and open the project.

Also check may be the "Greek Pictures" option is enabled in the Application Preferences (Preferences > Print Layout > General), if this option is enabled you can see the image preview when you click on the image with content tool (Select "Picture box" tool and click on the image). If the option is enabled, uncheck the option than you can see the image preview always.

Christine@Ace

Post by Christine@Ace » 30 May 2016, 11:33

Greeking was not on but I did run the QuarkCacheCleaner. I am going to get her to redraw the image boxes and reimport her images for the one file, it did not automatically import the images again.

Hopefully this will prevent this from happening to her future file images.

THANKS. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2015: General”