No Disk File

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Please note that Quark will support QX2015 until Nov 30, 2018.

tbottman

No Disk File

Post by tbottman » 13 Dec 2017, 19:05

When I am working in a Quark 2015 (11.2) document and I simply copy pictures from one page and paste them into another page or another document they are converted to low resolution pict files. And some of the TIFF files come through just fine - on the same page. Has never happened before. When looking in "Usage" the file name is "NO DISK FILE", the format is PICT, and the message is "Picture copied from clipboard, no disk file exists." I have produced many catalogs doing the same thing - basically copying from the last years catalog and pasting pictures into the new document. Always have to re-establish the link to the TIFF file, but the name is always there, and Quark will connect once I direct it to the proper folder. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Jiri Melnicky

Re: No Disk File

Post by Jiri Melnicky » 13 Dec 2017, 20:17

I have already had these problems in version 9 of the EPS format. The problem arose when the image was copied between multiple documents. This bug was very insidious because no problem was reported when sending to PDF, so the low-resolution image came to print. That's why I started using only the TIFF LZW format. The problem has never been repeated. I can not tell you what to do when this problem is caused by TIFF too. Obviously, you do not make a mistake, the bug is in the software.
Eizo SX2461W, Dell XPS 8500 - Intel Core i7-3770, 12 GB RAM, Win 8.1, QXP3.1–QXP2018 (Czech version)

Return to “QuarkXPress 2015: General”