Find Change Feature

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2016 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Please note that Quark will support QX2016 until Nov 30, 2019.

debrabb

Find Change Feature

Post by debrabb » 28 Mar 2017, 13:05

I recently upgraded to Sierra on my Mac and to Quark 2016. Now when I try to "find" double spaces between sentences in the very long documents I prepare so that I can "change" them to single spaces, the find /change feature does not locate them. I see them in my document, but the find/change feature doesn't recognize them. As a test, I tried to use find/change to locate single spaces in my document but it doesn't recognize them either. I am, however, able to find words that I want to change. With Quark 10, I was able to use find/change to correct the double spaces, which I really need to still do.

jgold723

Re: Find Change Feature

Post by jgold723 » 15 Jun 2017, 09:53

I'm having the same problem. I used to be able to search for double spaces and replace with single, but that no longer works. It seems that when I enter a double space in the search box, it actually makes it a triple space (based on the change in shading in the box), but I'm not certain. At any rate it isn't working.

FWIW, I'm on a Mac running Yosemite. The change seemed to have happend with the upgrade to QX2016 for me.

How can we fix this?

John

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 15 Jun 2017, 10:29

It is possible that there is still a space in the Find box. Clear anything in that box, then type the two spaces. In the Replace box, make sure it too is cleared and type a single space in it.

Mike

w0rx

Post by w0rx » 08 Sep 2017, 10:58

Not sure if you've found a fix, but I'm experiencing a similar issue too. Find/change will search and find double word spaces, but it won't change them to single word spaces. This is particularly odd, because I have a sister machine that is identical in spec Mac OS/QXP2016 version etc – and it works correctly on this machine.

It would be interesting to know if you've managed to solve this one?

Roy

Return to “QuarkXPress 2016: General”