Suppression and Help?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2016 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.
JackieFrant

Suppression and Help?

Post by JackieFrant » 09 Apr 2017, 06:50

Question One: The HELP TOPICS - is corrupt... does anyone know how I can reload it (the dialogue box said "trash it.")

Question Two: The reason question one came up was because I was looking for "suppression." I have a photo in my layout that I don't want to show up when printing the file - and I looked for the old Suppress Photo - which when I used 10 fingers was always found -- and I can no longer figure out where Quark put it - and so I went to HELP TOPICS - only to find that is not working.

If you can help, much appreciated. I'm stuck this Sunday trying to finish up a project to hand to client first thing Monday morning.

Thank you.

MikeWenzloff

Re: Suppression and Help?

Post by MikeWenzloff » 09 Apr 2017, 08:23

I don't know where the Suppress is on a Mac. I would suspect it is available on the Tab bar. Using Windows, hit ctrl+m and select the Picture tab.

And if using Windows, let me know and I can attach a copy of the Help file--be sure to identify the version you are using as well.

Mike

max.peter

Re: Suppression and Help?

Post by max.peter » 09 Apr 2017, 11:05

If you are on Windows, go to Item - Modify. Here you can choose between suppressing the box printing, or suppress the picture output.
On Mac, the Win help (for QXP 2016) dos not mention anything about the appropiate commands.

It might be another way:

1) Create a new layer and move the box on the new layer. You can allow or suppress output for that layout.

2) You can create a new Item Style: go to Edit - Item Styles; in the dialog box, press the New button; give the new item style a name, then choose what you need from Boc tab or from Picture tab; press OK, then Save.
Then you have to go to your box, select it, make a right-click (or a Cmd-click) and choose the new style from Item Styles option.
Every day is a good day to learn something new.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2016: General”