Library crashes my quark

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2017 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.
Justina

Library crashes my quark

Post by Justina » 07 Jun 2019, 08:01

I recently got a new Mac running Mojave. All my apps and info was migrated from my previous Mac running Sierra. If I create a new Library and save it to my desktop it crashes my quark. I've tried multiple times. Sometimes I can get one item in it and sometimes 3 or 4 before it crashes. It's very frustrating because I use multiple Library files daily. I'm currently using several quark files to drag my usual library files from but it's cumbersome because there are so many files open on my desktop now.
Any suggestions?

Justina

Re: Library crashes my quark

Post by Justina » 12 Jun 2019, 09:28

So am I safe to assume there is no fix for this?
Do the Libraries work in Quark 2018 and 2019?

max.peter

Post by max.peter » 12 Jun 2019, 12:41

Libraries are working fine in all versions of QuarkXPress as long as their content is clean, without problems.
Every day is a good day to learn something new.

Justina

Post by Justina » 13 Jun 2019, 07:58

"content is clean, without problems"? Are you referring to fonts? The content is mostly type boxes and tables. If the info is drug from a Quark file to the library, shouldn't it be ok? I've used Libraries forever and never had problems until Quark 2017. When we first installed it I made all new libraries and drug the info from a quark file because the libraries were crashing my quark. That worked until recently when I got a new computer with Mojave.
How would I troubleshoot this? Is there some sort of library preference I can trash? I generally have around 5 different libraries open on my desktop. I'm having to use quark files that are reduced as small as possible, but they're not as convenient as a library file. It's very frustrating.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2017: General”