Printing Blank exported PDFs through Acrobat
I have an issue I am trying to track down. There are no errors reported either in the computers or the printer. We are having issues printing QuarkXPress-created PDFs to a specific Toshiba copier model we have in our offices. We just upgraded to 2017 from 2016 and have been experiencing this issue on all our Windows 7 PCs.
1. a document is created in QXP (Currently on the latest version).
2. the document is exported to PDF (standard, captured settings and Press quality settings tested.)
3. The document opens in the latest current version of Acrobat Readers on these users machines.
4. The users click print and put in their details.
5. The printer prints a blank page of the correct Paper size without an error.
• We downloaded and reinstalled the printer drivers.
• We tested both PCL and PS drivers.
• We created the poster in Indesign CS6 (also MS Publisher for kicks) and used the same elements used in the QXP document without issue.
• All Mac users can print to this copier without issue.
• Mac users can print the PC-outputted PDFs without issue from the same, but Mac, version of Acrobat Reader.
• Printing directly from QXP results in the expected content being printed. (This is currently our workaround)
I have not attempted yet to reinstall QXP2016 to see if that experiences the same problem.
Have any of you run into this issue? Would you have any suggestions in trying to nail this down further?