HAVE AN IDML that DOES NOT import CORRECTLY?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2017 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.
Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: HAVE AN IDML that DOES NOT import CORRECTLY?

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 28 Feb 2018, 16:29

Hi Gigi,

as the IDML Import in QuarkXPress 2017 is a beta release, it may not work for everything.
We learned a lot in the past weeks and received many IDML files that helped us to improve the IDML Import in QuarkXPress 2018.

So please send me your IDML per private message and we'll see whether it is something we have already addressed.

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

gigi39

Post by gigi39 » 01 Mar 2018, 12:54

Hi Matthias,

I emailed it to you last evening, please let me know what your thoughts are... I understand the version I tried in my 2017 version is a beta version, by chance does the IDML importer work better in the 2018 version?

Thanks, Gigi

cjcoombes

Post by cjcoombes » 03 Mar 2018, 18:57

Hello, Matthias----------
Am returning to QXP following Adobe's new subscription policy. Will be outputting all my Indesign files to IDML and opening in QXP. On first file attempt... 1)IDML file opens in QXP relatively good. 2)IDML file is a book 350+ pages. 3)first five pages have no MASTER PAGE attributes. Pages 6-350+ do have MASTER PAGE attributes. 4) QXP seems to have added margins to pages 1-5 by default. Margins are magenta. 5)Because there is no MASTER PAGE attributed to pages 1-5 I am unable to access the margins via the PAGE>MASTER GUIDE and GRIDS 6)I can click on the margins and highlight them, but I cannot alter, move, or most importantly remove the unwanted margins.

Also, if I enter LAYOUT>EDIT LAYOUT SPECIFICATIONS and attempt to edit the margin values in the LAYOUT SPECIFICATIONS field, the system crashes on SAVE. Adding to the headache is the fact that I cannot send the "crash file log" to you because your posted email address is called out as undeliverable.

Regards, cjcoombes

Return to “QuarkXPress 2017: General”