PDF problem

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2017 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.
dannyrome9

PDF problem

Post by dannyrome9 » 02 May 2018, 13:06

Having a problem with PDF created in QuarkXpress 2017. When I open the file in PDF Expert, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, even Adobe Photoshop CS5, the white outlines on "Kovers Kiss" are plain to see. When I opened the file in Acrobat Pro 9 on my MacBook Pro and Acrobat Pro DC on a Windows 10 machine those white outlines are gone.

Job was printed so this is a little "after the fact" but utilizing all the non-Adobe products as a means to proof the file prior to
printing I'm wondering if this is something that I may have missed when generating the PDF from QuarkXpress or if it's a problem with Acrobat. I'm not posting on Adobe's forum as there's far too much hostility. Hopefully this is an error on my part. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
CassiusCoverOutlineProblem.pdf
(280.03 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: PDF problem

Post by A Palaniappan (Quark) » 02 May 2018, 22:40

The White is set to overprint which leads to this issue. Kindly select the texts (both) and set the trapping settings to knockout in the colors palette and output again and verify.

dannyrome9

Re: PDF problem

Post by dannyrome9 » 03 May 2018, 12:19

Thanks so much. That did it.

Coming back to QuarkXpress after so many years working with InDesign, it's still a bit of a learning curve.
Thankfully there's this forum when things don't go quite right.

Thanks again.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2017: General”