IDML Import in QuarkXPress 2017 imports IDML files created by InDesign versions CS5, CS5.5, CS6 and all CC versions of InDesign.
IDML created by InDesign CS4 cannot be imported.
What is already working in IDML Import Public Beta
- Pages and Page orientation
- Facing Pages
- Master Pages
- Sections and Section Name
- Master Guides and Grid
- Item Types (text box, picture box and none box) with angle and skew
- Frame, Color, Shade, Opacity, Corner Radius, Corner Styles of boxes
- Blend Modes
- Suppress Output
- Image attributes such as Angle, Skew, Image Background Color, Shade, Opacity, Blend Modes, Flipping, Scale Across, Scale Down, Offset Across, Offset Down
- Clipping Path of images
- Embedded Images and Image Link Path for non-embedded images
- Text Formatting such as Font Size, Font Color & Shade, Bold, Italics, Underline, Strikethrough, Small Caps, All Caps, Text Scaling, Baseline Shift, Text Alignment, Text Shading
- Style Sheets, Paragraph and Character
- Columns and Gutter Width
- Kerning, Tracking and Leading
- Ligatures, Indents, Drop Caps, Space Before, Space After, Lock to grid, Rules, Insets
- Columns Span
- Bezier Items, Lines and Shapes
- Text on path
- Item Styles
- Dashes & Stripes
- Master Page Items
- Text Box Linking and Unlinking
- Text Stroking
- Stylistic Sets
Using IDML with non-English UI
We have seen that IDML Import currently works better when you use QuarkXPress 2017 with "US English" UI. While we are working to give you the same quality in all languages, please test IDML Import with QuarkXPress' user interface set to "US English" to verify. And please report such problems to us.
InDesign Features Not Yet Supported
- Bullets and Numbering (just partially working)
- IDML from InDesign CS4 is not being converted due to a bug. Please resave in a higher version (e.g. CS5, CS6 or CC) then it works.
- Tables (are currently being ignored)
- Drop Shadow (are currently being ignored)
- Hyperlinks and Anchors (are currently being ignored)
- Underline Styles (are currently being ignored)
- Optical margin alignments ((are currently being ignored)
- Tables of Content (are currently being ignored)
- Variables (are currently being ignored)
- Indexes (are currently being ignored)
- Tagged content (text is being removed)
- Digital Layouts with all interactivity types (are currently being ignored)
- Footnotes/Endnotes (text will be ignored)
- Cross References (are currently being ignored)
- Track Changes (text is deleted)
We are working on implementing these in near future.
The list is probably not complete. Let us know please what you tried; and what worked for you and what didn't. Thanks!