missing pictures

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
Oldenfelde

missing pictures

Post by Oldenfelde » 19 May 2018, 09:16

Nearly every time, wenn I want to make a PDF from my book-chapters, QXP is claiming of missing or changed pictures and I have to add them again.
But in reality, the pictures position and the pictures itself I have never changed since start of the project.
Has anyone the same problem (and a solution) or do I have a silly computer?
Windows 10 Pro | ASUS Prime Z270-P with Intel i7-7700K (Quadcore) Kabylake | 16 GB RAM | ASUS Dual GTX1060 Nvidia Geforce Graphic Card | QXP 2018
Project: Book 464 pages in 30 projects (chapters)

A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: missing pictures

Post by A Palaniappan (Quark) » 20 May 2018, 03:50

Hi Oldenfelde,

QXP is warning for the missing/modified image is saying your image status in the chapter which you have added.

Kindly double click on the chapter to open and invoke the usage dialog and check if any images are in modified. Sometime when the timezone differs from the images placed or project created OS to another OS.

Update the images and save the project and output.

Thanks
A. Palaniappan

Oldenfelde

Re: missing pictures

Post by Oldenfelde » 20 May 2018, 06:37

A Palaniappan (Quark) wrote:Hi Oldenfelde,

QXP is warning for the missing/modified image is saying your image status in the chapter which you have added.

Kindly double click on the chapter to open and invoke the usage dialog and check if any images are in modified. Sometime when the timezone differs from the images placed or project created OS to another OS.

Update the images and save the project and output.

Thanks
A. Palaniappan
Thanks for answering, but I can´t understand the reason for such error messages. Now I ignored all error messages concerning the pictures and made a PDF. All is fine, text and pictures. I´m angry of myself, because one year I always followed the error message and imported the pictures again.

But it will be helpfull, if the error messages of missing / changed pictures will not occur in the future, because now I have to klick allways OK, when error message is coming. This must be possible, when place of picture and picture itself was not be changed, as in my case.
Windows 10 Pro | ASUS Prime Z270-P with Intel i7-7700K (Quadcore) Kabylake | 16 GB RAM | ASUS Dual GTX1060 Nvidia Geforce Graphic Card | QXP 2018
Project: Book 464 pages in 30 projects (chapters)

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018: General”