Unable to resave Quark files after Mojave update

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro (Mac App Store variant).

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
maccy

Unable to resave Quark files after Mojave update

Post by maccy » 31 Oct 2018, 14:49

We have two Macs among hundreds of PCs in a large corporation. We are using Quark 2018 fully updated. Since updating the OS to Mojave this morning when we open a Quark file from the server we get the message that the file is locked and we would be unable to save changes. if we try to "save as" we get the message that the file is already open for writing. We thought this might be a compatibility problem between the server and the new OS Mojave but I have come home today and tried the same thing on my Macbook by saving a Quark file to my Western Digital NAS drive and I get the same errors. Working on the desktop or anywhere on the Mac is OK, it's just when working off the server or NAS. Is anyone else having this problem or have any solution other than saving as a different name or saving to desktop and then moving files to the service - both of which are not really what we want to do.

maccy

Re: Unable to resave Quark files after Mojave update

Post by maccy » 01 Nov 2018, 11:45

Update: Apparently a workaround is to view the folders in either list view or icon view rather than columns, that way the file opens and saves fine.
For a long time now we have had the same problem saving photoshop files over the top of the old file and we thought it was a compatibility issue with the server so saved the file to the desktop then moved it but using the workaround above that problem is solved too so obviously an Apple problem which will hopefully soon be sorted.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro: General”