Problem with .eps file

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018.
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.
Studio Empreinte

Problem with .eps file

Post by Studio Empreinte » 02 Apr 2019, 04:49

Hello,
I have a problem with my images in .eps format when exporting my layout in .ps for distillation in acrobat.

All eps images do not appear in the generated pdf !

I use xpress for 22 years and this is the first time I encounter this problem, I can no longer use my .eps images from photoshop or illustrator, they are ignored when creating the postscript file!

Is it possible to have help on this problem please?
thank you

A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Problem with .eps file

Post by A Palaniappan (Quark) » 02 Apr 2019, 04:58

I have replied to your Facebook Post.

What OS are you using? Quit and relaunch the QXP and re-export PDF as PS and verify. (verify for the image is not suppressed)

MarkyBoy

Post by MarkyBoy » 19 Jun 2019, 08:12

I assume your eps images are vectors.

Do you eps images have gradients in them?

QXP2018 had a massive problem on original release with gradients in eps files causing all sorts of problems.... To their credit Quark did release some updates to fix most of the issues. Do you have the latest update.

I converted all my images (there were hundreds) to .ai images just before Quark released the update... Grrrrr!

Adobe has been saying for some years, that eps formats should not be used as some of the coding is not supported by modern apps.

A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by A Palaniappan (Quark) » 19 Jun 2019, 08:20

Please send the affected EPS images with the output along with the issue description to us to verify the issue. (apalaniappan@quark.com)

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018: General”