opened documents are too large and halfway off screen

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018.
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.
debrabb

opened documents are too large and halfway off screen

Post by debrabb » 15 Mar 2020, 11:30

Using Quark 2018 on Sierra. When I open a Quark document on my MacBook that was created on my 27" iMac, the document window is halfway off the right side of my screen and is very large, showing a couple inches of the pasteboard to the left of the actual document. It is hard to resize the window by grabbing and dragging the window from the bottom right corner since it is off the screen. Why is it displaying this way and are there any fixes?

MikeWenzloff

Re: opened documents are too large and halfway off screen

Post by MikeWenzloff » 15 Mar 2020, 21:26

The only advice I can give you is to start a new document on the Macbook or otherwise configure an opened document as you like it, move, add/remove and put any palettes in the position you like.

The create a palette set. It's under the Window menu. Maybe assign a keyboard shortcut. When you open a document from the iMac, invoke your created palette set.

I have 4-5 I create with different palettes open and configured and swap them out during any given job to suit the task/job at hand.

Mike

UtahLlama

Re: opened documents are too large and halfway off screen

Post by UtahLlama » 19 Mar 2020, 15:10

you could try holding alt and click on the green button of the document window

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018: General”