Hyperlink fills the whole page

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2019.

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
urs7000

Hyperlink fills the whole page

Post by urs7000 » 20 Jul 2020, 10:10

Hyperlink in one line turns into a hyperlink that fills the whole page

I have a three-page document. Page 1 is the table of contents, page 2 has the anchor01 and page 3 has the anchor02.

When I look at the table of contents...
(A) ... link the first line, which uses only "Normal" (C) as paragraph format and character format, with anchor01, everything in the PDF is ok.
(B) ... link the second line, which consists of different paragraph formats and character formats (D), to Anker02.

Then I get (E) by exporting as PDF,
a PDF file with ...
(G) the first line in which the link works and
(H) a link that fills the whole page. Therefore the red frame around the line is missing and the cursor is everywhere the hand with fingers to click on.

What can I do to prevent that?
screen1.png
screenshot
(558.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Attachments
Hyperlink-Problem.zip
example
(421.54 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

MikeWenzloff

Re: Hyperlink fills the whole page

Post by MikeWenzloff » 21 Jul 2020, 08:31

I don't know why your pdf is like it is. I cannot replicate the issue here using the Windows version of Q2020. My pdf is created properly as regards the hyperlinks.

May I ask why, if page 1 is to be a toc, that you are using anchors versus lists based upon paragraph and/or character styles?

urs7000

Post by urs7000 » 21 Jul 2020, 09:11

Hi Mike

all parts are in the zip-file incl. the pdf.

It's just a small example of my book with 104 pages. perhaps it's a mac problem? chancing fonts don't solve the problem.

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 21 Jul 2020, 10:43

Yep. I had downloaded the zip and looked at the pdf. I then opened your Q file that produced it, created my own pdf, and the weirdness wasn't present--the hyperlinks were proper.

I also haven't seen the issue reported before, here or on the (more active) Facebook group.

Perhaps file a support ticket as I don't have a Mac to test it with.

urs7000

Post by urs7000 » 21 Jul 2020, 12:05

thanks for looking. I have a new problem with hyperlinks. I will send it directly to Quark.

urs7000

Post by urs7000 » 22 Jul 2020, 06:08

I tried my problems with anchors and hyperlinks again today. I restarted my Mac, opened only QXP 2019 and tried to repeat my problems in a new document.
The hyperlinks worked, I could not reproduce the errors. But the error is still contained in my book project. So these files must be damaged. How can I repair this?

The anchor that should contain the number 9 still deletes the number 9. From the text: "99 red balloons" only "redballons" remains as anchor name. This error is reproducible on the Mac.

hava a good day, Jens.

firelight

Post by firelight » 10 Sep 2020, 12:04

Here are two methods that sometimes fix a problem file:

1) Create a new QX project and then File> Append> select the problem file and then Open> choose Layout and Include All> OK etc. - Test the new file.

2) Create a new QX project and change the view to thumbnail. Open the problem document and change it's view to thumbnail. Now drag the pages from the damaged file into the new document. - Test the new file.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2019: General”